Sign in to follow this  
Guest Niorga

Question regarding the 767

Guest Niorga

Hi,I would like a real 767 pilot's opinon concerning a question I have about the 767. Here it goes. All the the 767s that I have ing FS9 seem to bank very slowly. Is this an attribute of the real 767?

Guest DreamFleet

You don't need a real 767 pilot to answer this.Why?Simple.What do you mean by "slowly"? How many

And in addition to what Lou wrote:Have you set your Bank Limit Selector properly?Turn it right to full 25 and check if you still have same impression.My Level-D turns just as the heavy should.Best regards,Rafal

Rafal, Bank Limit Selector is only for AP mode (LNAV or HDG), it limits the maximum bank AP is going to apply when changing heading. It is not effective in manual flight, so he won't have any difference using BLS when flying with a joystick.

I made a misleading assumption he makes his 767 flights with AP! ;) Best regards,Rafal

Hey, how about attempting a complete roll manually; that'll test your flying skills to the limit. just warn the passengers in advance!Eytan

>I would like a real 767 pilot's opinon concerning a question I>have about the 767. Here it goes. All the the 767s that I have>ing FS9 seem to bank very slowly. Is this an attribute of the>real 767?Niorga, I am not a real-life 767 driver but a couple of my friends are. One of them flies the LAN 767-300 and the other drives an American Airlines 767-300, so here it goes... If you're referring to the Level-D 767, the bank turns are very accurate. In fact, the Level-D 767 is THE ONLY Flight Simulator aircraft they have tried with smooth bank angle, just like the real thing. Other complex "and excellent" FSim add-on aircraft such as the PSS A320 and the wonderfull F1 ATR 72-500 fail in the bank-speed reality department, with military-aircraft-style bank speed. Now, note that I am not saying "bank angle"; according to an American Eagle ATR driver I know, the F1 ATR 72-500 bank angles (15-LO and 27-HI) are quite accurate, the difference is that the real-life ATR's bank speed is much much slower and smooth, simular to the Level-D 767.My .02 cents...Best regards from KMIA,Kerke

Guest Niorga

>You don't need a real 767 pilot to answer this.>>Why?>>Simple.>>What do you mean by "slowly"? How many

>I would like a real 767 pilot's opinon concerning a question I>have about the 767. Here it goes. All the the 767s that I have>ing FS9 seem to bank very slowly. Is this an attribute of the>real 767?In the past, I read posts from a real B767 pilot in which he said the max roll rate may be close to 90 deg/sec, much higher than most people think.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest DreamFleet

"OK, My joystick is fine. I have no problem with say the 747, 777, 737, a330, a340, and a320. I think my other airplanes have a very good bank rate."Again, what is the roll rate of the 767s you fly vs. the others?As you said "I think my other airplanes have a very good bank rate"The operative word there is "think".Perhaps the 767s that you do fly have somewhat flawed flight dynamics (aside from LDS 767, which does not).Again, what is your point of refrence? I am not trying to be harsh here, but I do need to stress that there must be some point of reference as to compare how the airplane handles.Obviously, I am talking about hand flying, not flying it via the auto pilot.;)Now, here, a quick "Google" of this subject turned up the following:"We entered an arbitrary working area into the Honeywell Pegasus FMC and set up for some flight maneuvers northwest of Moses Lake. The first was a check of roll rate in bank-to-bank rolls from 30 degrees to 30 degrees at

Guest Niorga

You are not sounding harsh. Its just me that is hard headed. First, I wish I could try the LDS 767 but I do not have any money right now. Second, maybe on Saturday I will take my 767-200 and 767-400 for some flight tests in order to find out the real bank rate. Then I'll post my results.

Guest DreamFleet

Nooooo..... ;)However, I cannot imagine the flight models of the 767s you fly being an issue here and still revert to a potential issue with your hardware. Of course, you could probably easily check this with another aircraft to confirm.Example, try the default 747 and see what you get.Of course, we are not talking about the speed at which you are trying to accomplish this, but even then at a speed of 250 knots you should still be able to toss the plane around a heck of a lot better than that.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg