Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Bass shaker and force feedback headphones thoughts

Guest over and out

I know this maybe should have been posted in the "hardware" forum but I'm hoping to get a more general response.I just got the "Buttkicker" base shaker attatchment for my chair. I think this thing is GREAT! It really does add another level of emersion to the flight sim and I highly recommend it.For example, I have been flying the PMDG B1900 a lot lately and the low vibration to the chair from the shaker simulating that dull roar of the engines is simply really cool and really adds to the effect.Now that I'm hooked on it, I have been looking into the eDimensional AudioFX Pro 5+1 headset since it also provides a vibration effect.Does anyone have this headset? Do you like it, is it worth it?Newegg has it for 55 bucks.

I have their older verson (just stereo - not 5.1), of the headset and I think it works great in conjunction with my buttkicker. You can adjust the amount of vibration going through your ears so I just set it a little to match up with the amount I have set for my Buttkicker. You really start to notice it when you turn it off. I also use it just to listen to music.Infact, I plan to add another Buttkicker and attach it to my Saitek Yoke to get vibrations going through my hands and arms. That should complete the sensation. (your're correct - you should have posted this in the hardware forum ;)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest over and out

Funny you mention getting another for your Saitek.I have the X45 Stick and throttle and I have them mounted to my chair. I disconnected the seat and inserted a board between the seat and its mount and I made it so there is enough space on the board on both sides to fit the joystick and throttle. I mounted the X45 so its right there at my sides. As you mentioned, the Buttkicker transmits into the stick and throttle and is an additional really cool effect.I highly recommend that you do add one as you say. You wont regret it.

>>Now that I'm hooked on it, I have been looking into the>eDimensional AudioFX Pro 5+1 headset since it also provides a>vibration effect.>>Does anyone have this headset? Do you like it, is it worth>it?If I read correctly, you would like to have the buttkicker running while also having the full sound experience on your headphones. Basically this isn't going to work quite as you have planned - here's why:I have the newer eDimensional headset and because it connects through USB, it has its OWN sound processing. Now, windows (XP but also, I guess, Vista) will not let you have the normal audio output going to two sound devices* at the same time which means that you cannot have the buttkicker and the headphones live at the same time...* In FSX you CAN have the ATC (voice) on one device and the other sounds on a second device but that's not quite what you were after!However, with the older eDimensional AudioFX headset, you can split the audio signal from your soundcard and this will work extremely well :) I have to say I'm not too impressed with the new headset and in retrospect I should have bought another normal AudioFX when I broke that last one... I miss having my big speakers and the headphones working together..Geoff

Guest over and out

interesting...so the older version headset tou can plug into the y connector/splitter that comes with the buttkicker. and then the usb I guess is for the vibration effect, and then the mic plugs into the card.on the new version all 3 things are combined into the usb and the audio out conflicts with the speaker or buttkicker out?

Exactly - the older headphones have a USB link to give power to the shaker and then a pair of normal connectors to the sound / mic.The new version is a whole sound device and unfortunately cannot work at the same time as your regular sound card. I am seriously considering buying a set of the older phones and selling my new ones... It's not an obvious question only because the new ones eliminate "USB noise" much better... Geoff

Guest over and out

wow, that's really good to know. Thanks!odd that they dont work together, seams like a great combo? some company should develop it?Im glad I posted this before buying,thanks again