Sign in to follow this  
Guest gotjuice

FS9 Crashes

Guest gotjuice

So here's the deal, every time I try to run FS9 it shows the splash screen for a few seconds, then quits. I've had this problem before, and usually it's a wrongly installed scenery or some add-on that I downloaded. Worst case, I had to reinstall, and that would fix it. Not this time. I've reinstalled twice, completely removing all files. I've done everything on Microsoft's support site, redownloaded 9.1, updated my video drivers, DirectX, etc. Still won't run.Any help appreciated.

I wonder if you really did "remove all files". Often, the culprit in such situations is one or more of the FS2004 files which are "hidden" being left behind when you un-install the program.My advice would be to try an un-install one more time and afterwards, double check for any hidden files that may be in;C:Documents and SettingsYOUR USER NAMEApplication DataMicrosoftFS9Use the Tools/Folder Options/View dialogue and add a check mark in the box which says "Show hidden files and folders".The folder named FS9 should be completely empty and/or non-existant before attempting a reinstall.Perhaps some others will chime in with some other ideas too.Good luck.

I'm assuming you didn't make any known changes to your scenery or install something new (incl. hardware) just before this happened... that would be the most likely culprit.If deleting fs9.cfg and restarting the program does not work, try deleting all files called scenery.dat from your FS9 folders - FS9 rebuilds them when you start it again. If these both fail to help, try starting fs9 in "windowed" mode - a quick search here will probably tell you what to change in the cfg file to do this...Geoff

Guest gotjuice

Thanks guys, it seems to be working now. Moral of the story, update your vid card drivers:-hah Anyway thanks again, safe skies.