Sign in to follow this  
Guest flynman3

Captain Sim Should Quit..

Guest flynman3

....They have failed to complete the 757 package as initially advertised and yet they still continue to put out half done products and people still buy them....WHY!!Well I was one who bought the 727 a couple of years back and have had a HD crash. Anyhow I have emailed CS to get a reg # on several occasions over the past month without a single response.Sorry to be so nasty here on Avsim but I have no other clues on how to get a hold of them I have been unable to sign up on their support forum.HELP.

Guest Captain America

Your attitude is 50% of the problem! Captain Sim is not obligatedto do anything they don't want to do.I purchase their products and will continue to do so. The C-130Xis complete and is probably one of the top ten flight simulatoradd-ons of all time.If you follow their procedures for contacting them, you won't haveany problems. I have had excellent success in contacting them.They've even contacted me by E-Mail concerning a problem I reportedabout the C-130X.Be nicer and more positive.

>>>....They have failed to complete the 757 package as initially>advertised and yet they still continue to put out half done>products and people still buy them....WHY!!>>Well I was one who bought the 727 a couple of years back and>have had a HD crash. Anyhow I have emailed CS to get a reg #>on several occasions over the past month without a single>response.>>Sorry to be so nasty here on Avsim but I have no other clues>on how to get a hold of them I have been unable to sign up on>their support forum.>>HELP.Well that is the way CS does business. They only seem to support the ONE project in the spotlight at the present time, and totally ignore every other project and any customer who is having problems with the other products.As far as the 727, you can pretty much forget about ever hearing an answer about that, esp if its the FS9 version...they just don't care, period.And the 757...LoL, they outright lied about that project, there is no disputing that...it is a fact. Over 2 years to develop blocks D/F that they reported as "working fine in both versions" over a year ago. Then saying it was next for release, that was before they released xLoad and the FSX C-130 (and most likely you'll see a B-52 before you'll see a complete 757).Look, this is not some bunch of freeware guys who do this for the enjoyment and to contribute to this hobby, they are PAYWARE vendors who took people's money by specifically deceiving them about the completeness of the 757 FMC. If they were honest had said up front that they were no where close to having the FMC or the rest of the plane done, you know for a fact the customers who bought the shell based on assumption that CS was telling the truth WOULD have waited to see if the PSS version came out before CS's. But CS KNEW they had to get those customers, so they concocted this "block" system so they could sell the part of the plane they knew they could finish before PSS was done with it's ENTIRE plane. It worked, many people bought it, then waited, and waited, and waited, and started to question CS about it, and that is when CS started all the excuses and played semantics about the fact they did not "sell" us anything so they owe us nothing. That's BS and they know it.So they happen to develop a C-130 that is really a good plane and some here seem to think that it exonerates them and gives them the right to ignore all the other customers/projects that are hanging out there. Well, for those people I'd say you should thank all the 757 and 727 customers every time you fly your precious C-130 because I'm pretty sure we helped keep CS going in the interim while they were ignoring us (except for our purchases of course) in the support forums while they secretly developed the FSX C-130 despite their claim that the 757 was next.It is my opinion that CS is by far the worst vendor in this hobby when it comes to customer support and most of all, honesty, integrity and accountability, none of which they have. Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

>Your attitude is 50% of the problem! Captain Sim is not>obligated>to do anything they don't want to do.>>I purchase their products and will continue to do so. The>C-130X>is complete and is probably one of the top ten flight>simulator>add-ons of all time.>>If you follow their procedures for contacting them, you won't>have>any problems. I have had excellent success in contacting>them.>They've even contacted me by E-Mail concerning a problem I>reported>about the C-130X.>>Be nicer and more positive.LoL.....try contacting them about the 757 or 727, and see if you get the same treatment. :-lolAs I stated in my other reply, you'll probably get a response about the FSX C-130, ONLY because it is their premier product at the moment (just like the 757, 727, 707 was way back when).Being nice and/or positive is irrelevant with any product other than the FSX C-130, because they equally ignore niceness and meanness. Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

>>LoL.....try contacting them about the 757 or 727, and see if>you get the same treatment. :-lol>As I stated in my other reply, you'll probably get a response>about the FSX C-130, ONLY because it is their premier product>at the moment (just like the 757, 727, 707 was way back>when).>>Being nice and/or positive is irrelevant with any product>other than the FSX C-130, because they equally ignore niceness>and meanness. >If I was a developer, and saw what was possible with the C-130 in FSX; I'd be bored to death, trying to complete a "has been" aircraft for FS9 too! A bored developer will no longer create products worth having, so why worry about it! I rest my case....L.Adamson --- C/S C-130, and 727 exterior

>>>>LoL.....try contacting them about the 757 or 727, and see if>>you get the same treatment. :-lol>>As I stated in my other reply, you'll probably get a>response>>about the FSX C-130, ONLY because it is their premier>product>>at the moment (just like the 757, 727, 707 was way back>>when).>>>>Being nice and/or positive is irrelevant with any product>>other than the FSX C-130, because they equally ignore>niceness>>and meanness. >>>>If I was a developer, and saw what was possible with the C-130>in FSX; I'd be bored to death, trying to complete a "has been">aircraft for FS9 too! >>A bored developer will no longer create products worth having,>so why worry about it! I rest my case....>>L.Adamson --- C/S C-130, and 727 exterior They don't seem "too bored" to continue to take people's money!!! If you are too bored to finish the project, or to support it, perhaps they should take it off the market, and quit taking people's money. In this day of litigation, I'm surprised a "class action" lawsuit hasn't been taken against them. I'm no lawyer, but with all the promises that are in print and easily available, it would seem to a pretty easy case!Rick

Guest Nealoc187

>>>>LoL.....try contacting them about the 757 or 727, and see if>>you get the same treatment. :-lol>>As I stated in my other reply, you'll probably get a>response>>about the FSX C-130, ONLY because it is their premier>product>>at the moment (just like the 757, 727, 707 was way back>>when).>>>>Being nice and/or positive is irrelevant with any product>>other than the FSX C-130, because they equally ignore>niceness>>and meanness. >>>>If I was a developer, and saw what was possible with the C-130>in FSX; I'd be bored to death, trying to complete a "has been">aircraft for FS9 too! >>A bored developer will no longer create products worth having,>so why worry about it! I rest my case....>>L.Adamson --- C/S C-130, and 727 exterior So you condone the scamming of customers then? They're continuing the sell a product that they promise will be completed, and yet obviously won't be.

>>So you condone the scamming of customers then? They're>continuing the sell a product that they promise will be>completed, and yet obviously won't be.>Since when are you paying for something that doesn't exist? Even with the "block" system, you only paid for what was available. When I purchase 3rd party airplanes, I certainly check around to know what I'm getting. And knowing the history of flight simulation over the last 20 years like I do; I know that a developers best intentions can go array, for one reason or another. The content of this thread has been argued over and over for the last year or so. It's getting awfully boring too...Captain Sim ---- like a "fine" painting. That's the reason I buy their stuff.L.Adamson

Which makes you wonder why there is so much piracy of FS software! People get ripped off they will find sources elsewhere.

You havent dealt with ariane have you? Also the pss757.. dont even get me started on this. CS sold a gmax model. simple. it was 20$...... you got what you paid for........ i do wish they would have at least not copied the default 737 FDE though. That was a cheap shot, even for them. Just put the posky fde parameters and you are set.