Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Heathrow airport scenery

I have downloaded and tried theUK2000 SCENERY - LONDON HEATHROW PRO V2and I have never seen as much stuttering on my current system before. Also the fps dips down to low 10 and even occasionally single digit fps. And this is with the default Cessna and only fair weather and by using fsautostart. I also got the Portland Flightzone 02 scenery and here I don't have nearly as big problems at KPDX.Now there is another Heathow airport scenery from Aerosoft. Is that maybe better?My systemAMD 64 3200+ (OC from 2000 MHz to 2150 MHz)1 Gb RAM 400 MHzNVIDIA 6600GT 256M DDR3Win XP Home

Hi,I had Uk2000 EGLL Pro (V1) and installed Aerosoft EGLL when it came out.Aerosoft's version is both regarding quality and framerate much better.Not that UK2000 creates bad sceneries, far from that, but Aerosoft EGLL is simply better.I have good frates on my AMD5000+/GF8800GT, your mileage may vary.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I agree with Egbert.I also uninstalled UK2000 though I liked it very much.By purchasing and installing the Simwing's (Aerosoft) version, I got a huge FPS relief.Although my PC is rather old now, it works very fine, even with AI on.You won't be disappointed.Best regards,RafalEDIT: Forgot to add the new EGLL works with AES!

Guest flightsimmernick

Would agree with comments above. I have the UK2000 (EGKK) scenery on trial at the momentt (not EGLL) and is very good scenery but FPS are effected noticeably. Bought and installed Aerosoft (simwings) LHR scenery and was very impressed with the overall quality of the scenery and the FPS. I have loads of AI traffic installed (love my FS as reallistic as poss) and have called a hault to adding anymore as I think if I carried on I would push my own luck! Am around 25FPS. The scenery is very detailed and has great textures. Only thing I would like to see improved is the glass textures on T5 but they are not bad. Well worth it and I echo the point that you would not be dissapointed with it!pc is e6600 quad, 2gb ram, 8800gt, vista ultimate

>I agree with Egbert.>I also uninstalled UK2000 though I liked it very much.>By purchasing and installing the Simwing's (Aerosoft) version,>I got a huge FPS relief.>Although my PC is rather old now, it works very fine, even>with AI on.>>You won't be disappointed.>Just one more question here. Is all UK2000 scenery addons equal regarding performence problems?

Guest flightsimmernick

from my experience it is, but just now I only have the LGW UK2000 scenery on trial. Although the FPS seem to be better with other sceneries the UK2000 scenery is very detailed and I would still recommmend it.

>Just one more question here. Is all UK2000 scenery addons>equal regarding performence problems?No, I got many UK2000 sceneries (smaller airports) and only London imposes a huge framerate impact, simply due to the size of the airport.Also have EGKK Extreme, and that one is just fine.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Gary's newer scenerys (EGKK, EGSS, EGGD, EGPH) are much better than his old stuff. Anything with the "extreme" title, are really well done. For FS9 anyway. I find the new ones in FSX are real frame rate pigs.

Gatwick by uk2000 is just great; I have it with Active Sky, Radar Contact, and Ultimate Traffic running at 80% ai, and it runs very nicely-no noticeable stuttering. Get a good graphics card- that may help.EytanNobleair va at EGKK

EGKK Xtreme is excellent, no FPS issues here.EGLL v2 runs okay, but due to the size, bigger FPS impact (tested on demo version).They are going to release EGLL Xtreme later this year, should be the one to buy.Pat AMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS