Sign in to follow this  
Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

A/P not working after first flight.

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

ive bought pmdg boeing 737-900 and truly is a masterpiece. However after making my first flight (all good), parking,throttles off, etc i want to make another flight from my destination,everything works right until i takeoff and try to place the A/P again the buttons will not illuminate and starts descending brutally making it impossible to fly again.Any ideas?

I am not familiar with that aircraft but is there a chance you failed to turn the Avionics switch on?

You may also want to try the PMDG forum here. I'm sure someone will help you out.Best!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hello OmnipotenceCould you be more specific, an overhead screenshot could also be helpful.BTW, did you check out the manuals?Regards

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

>I am not familiar with that aircraft but is there a chance>you failed to turn the Avionics switch on?Well, for what ive seen theres no avionics switch on the b737-900NG, however i dont turn of the power after established on the platform y simply turn off the engines and turn on the ground power switch.

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

>Hello Omnipotence>>Could you be more specific, an overhead screenshot could also>be helpful.>>BTW, did you check out the manuals?>>Regardswell ill try to post a screenshot, about the manuals i havent check em out (i will), however there should be no problem since its a simple thing you should be able to use the a/p after landing.apparently after landing it stays with the same configuration as the app configuration and after you take off you cant modify it and it will try to meet the app configuration. Or after you disengage the a/p, apparently you can only use the autopilot in a one-way flight.

Omnipotence:regardless of your screen name there is no way you can fly a PMDG 737NG or 747-400 without reading the manuals. you can have a basic understanding of what to do if you have 'yoke time' in a real boeing or other detailed boeing FS simulation (ie, FT 737classic, levelD/PIC 767, and/or DF 737-400).PMDGs big and biggest 'iron' are all about the details. you must understand how the systems work and inter-react or you will not get the engines started, takeoff or keep the plane in the air.brew a good pot of coffee and read the manual - twice. be prepared to hit the pause button and review the manual a few or more times during your first flights.--edit: typo--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>brew a good pot of coffee and read the manual - twice. be>prepared to hit the pause button and review the manual a few>or more times during your first flights.I couldn't agree more!!:)

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but check your autopilot disconnect switch to see if it's in the down position. I think it needs to be reset to use the autopilot again.Curt