Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

Great Site For Tech Specs on 767 & 737

Came across this site while trying to design new 767 Panel for use with Posky 767.http://www.smartcockpit.com/It has every tech spec you could want for real life 767.RegardsMike

Mike,That is a good site, lots of information.On another subject however, you mentioned that you want to design a 767 panel. If I may ask, what do you think you could achieve over the PIC 767 panel. First it was done by a 767 pilot and the systems are just flawless. IMHO there is NO panelin MSFS, that comes closer to the real thing, has all the systems and reality than the PIC767. Other than doing it for free, I am not sure what purpose it would serve.I guess I am just curious on why you are doing this.CheersBob Johnson

Hi Bob,No arguments here the PIC767 is second to none. I am just starting out in the Flight Sim world and since I have flown (As A Passenger)767's many times I thought it would be a great way to start to learn about designing stuff so that I can give back a little of what I have taken from all the great authors that post on here.I have started with the Posky 767 with Air 2000 textures and the Capt. I. D'Attomo panel. I have added the TCAS from Eric Marciano and a clock. I have also designed a Flight time scale for a flight from Manchester EGCC to Sanford KSFB that will work as a flightplan for that route and also will go on my website to assist people who are afraid to fly. It is taken from an actual flight (AMM034)with realtime images and global positioning. It also explains what is happening in the cockpit any certain parts of the flight.I am still slightly testing the water so to speak but I am getting there and it takes my mind off work which has to be a good thing.Kindest RegardsMike

Hi Mike,Really does sound like a big undertaking you are up to. Glad that you have joined us in the flight simming world. I spend so much time on sim projects that my family think I have lost my mind (grin).I am not familiar with the Capt I. D'Attomo panel, is it here on AVSIM? One thing you will find as you do work on panels is that so many authors do nice panel, but the perspective is always from the jump seat. The PIC767 panel almost has a perfect perspective for a 2D panel.While doing the testing of Radar Contact, I flew the PIC767/POSKY meger all over the world. Really a lot of fun. Being an old USAF Navigator, I love doing all the planning with real world charts etc and then fly the flights on their real schedules.As I said, we are glad to have you part of the world-wide family of flight simming "nuts". Some of the greatest folks I have met on the internet are right here on AVSIM. Glad you are with us.CheersBob