Sign in to follow this  
Guest TPN_Turnip

Enlighten me Please.

Guest TPN_Turnip

Well, here's a question that has been asked 1000's of times over the years. I've been flying MSFS since ver. 1. I had FS9 installed along with numerous add-ons ( Radar Contact etc ). I purchased FSX and after much tweeking over a year, I decided to go back to FS9 until I had a whooper of a system that will run it. I went back into FS9 and BAMMO, corrupted files etc. I did a complete reinstall of FS9 ( Uninstalled all of FSX BTW ) along with FSNav.Here's the question: If you had a clean install of FS9 on a system that will consistantly give you good frame rates, what would you install?Here's what I'm interested in: A good 737-800 with authentic gauge operation from startup to shut down.Also a good 757Realistic sounds to replace the default.A Good Turbo Prop as acurate as possible to the real thing with good sound.I don't care if I have to pay for it as I've seen numerous A/C on the net for sale. I don't want some ripoff attempt at a plane.FS9 has been out for many years now and I know that there should be some really good stuff to put into a clean install. Thanks in advance.TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

the following is exactly what you need:>A good 737-800 with authentic gauge operation from startup to>shut down.PMDG Product 737 series>Also a good 757none avaiable at this time>Realistic sounds to replace the default.what sounds exactly? aircraft? environment?>A Good Turbo Prop as acurate as possible to the real thing>with good sound.Dreemfleet ATR

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest TPN_Turnip

Thanks for the response. As far as sounds go, I want A/C sounds. ie: Engines, Air Conditioner, flaps, slats, gear etc.TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

I'd definately recommend the Level-D 767 in place of a 757, since there isn't currently a decent one.For the turboprop, I'd go with the Digital Aviation Cheyenne...it's truly an amazing aircraft.Jeff HepburnKDEN

I would also recommend PMDG's B737 series and Dreamfleet's ATR (see Flight1). These two commercial products are considered the best when it comes to serious simulation. Level-D, the producers of the B767 mentioned by others, have announced a B757, but that was a while ago, and there's no release date announced. Believe there's another commercially available B757, but apparently not in the same category as the Level-D B767. I'm sure others will jump in and clarify. Have fun,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Yeah I agree with all of you. The 767 and 757 are so similar systems-wise that you could almost pretend you're flying a 757 in the LevelD. That's why I've never even considered buying a 757.How about PMDG's B1900 for the turboprop category?

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

As said the PMDG 737 series is about the only real choice for an NG.The Aeroworks B200 is a very good turbo prop.