Sign in to follow this  
mrcaveman

Addon Scenery

Hi allI now have 220 files in my "addon scenery" the airports I have modified. One quick question. Does any one know I to print a list of these from the folder using XP? I remember in DOS you could direct the files to print to a printer that was connected to a parallel port. Because I use a USB this does not work. Thanks CPKSPI

There is a simple but useable utility called Tree Print which will print what you want.It is available at the PC Magazine site:http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,10879,00.aspThere is a charge now - I got mine several years ago when such utilities from them were free.IGNORE THIS - I had not used it in several years and just discovered it does not work in XP SER Pak 2.Sorry for misleading anyone.

Guest LeeWang

Have you tried to redirect the output to a text file? Then print it.tree /a /f >mydirectory.txtLee

I did find a Free utility which does work -Check this site -http://printtree.surfpack.com/Scroll down the list - near the bottom you will find YourDir 1.6I just installed it and it does the job - very simple but useful.

Guest LeeWang

I made a "ooops". Scratch this postLee

Guest dogknot

Not as fancy as Opa's suggested utility (which works great, btw), but you could also open the main scenery.cfg with notepad and print it out.

Following up on Lee's suggestion -The simplest way of all to print what you want is to create a simple batch file which directs the output to a text file which can then be printed.If you are not familiar with batch files, here is how it is done:On your desktop create a new text file.Place the following in that text file:tree /a /f >myfolder.txtThen save your work and rename the text file to something like Print.batBe sure to use a .bat extension.Copy this bat (short for batch) file to any folder (such as your addon scenery or aircraft folder) whose named contents you wish to print.Double click on the bat file (to make it execute) and it will create a text file (in the same folder) named myfolder.txt which can then be printed.If you do not wish to have all the file names included, simply remove the /f parameter from the batch file. The ouput text file can be any name you wish - myfolder.txt was just an example.Can't get much simpler than this.

Guest dogknot

That batch file works really slick, David! Thanks for sharing that one.Thanks Lee!

>Following up on Lee's suggestion ->>The simplest way of all to print what you want is to create a>simple batch file which directs the output to a text file>which can then be printed.>>If you are not familiar with batch files, here is how it is>done:>>On your desktop create a new text file.>>Place the following in that text file:>>tree /a /f >myfolder.txt>>Then save your work and rename the text file to something like>Print.bat>>Be sure to use a .bat extension.>>Copy this bat (short for batch) file to any folder (such as>your addon scenery or aircraft folder) whose named contents>you wish to print.>>Double click on the bat file (to make it execute) and it will>create a text file (in the same folder) named myfolder.txt>which can then be printed.>>If you do not wish to have all the file names included, simply>remove the /f parameter from the batch file. The ouput text>file can be any name you wish - myfolder.txt was just an>example.>>Can't get much simpler than this.>>Here is the error I get:Parameter format not correct - /a/fWhat did I do wrongCP>

Guest LeeWang

Make sure you leave spaces:tree /a /f >mydirectory.txt If you using a cmd prompt, cd directories until you're in the Scenery directory, then either type the above line, or you can do a copy and paste, or like Opa suggested create a .bat file.Lee

There must be a space between the /a and /f parameters.Just copy and paste the following into your batch file:tree /a /f >myfolder.txtA batch file is usually easier to use for anyone who is not comfortable navigating from a DOS (now called CMD) prompt.

Guest ThrottleUp

Opa that batch file thingy is AWESOME! Learning new stuff all the time and I gotta say I even felt geeky doing this. I shall tell everyone at work that I wrote a batch file :(Thanks...and you have totally motivated me into learning more about batch files :)

>Opa that batch file thingy is AWESOME! Learning new stuff all>the time and I gotta say I even felt geeky doing this. I shall>tell everyone at work that I wrote a batch file :(>>Thanks...and you have totally motivated me into learning more>about batch files :)To whet your appetite a bit further, copy and paste the following into your batch file - replacing everything that was there before.tree /a /f >myfolder.txt@echo offecho -echo "Your file has been created!!"echo -@echo offpauseSave it and execute it - see if that is a bit more interesting.