Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonthedoors

Reccomendations?

Guest jonthedoors

I've hit a problem. I'm running out of aircraft to download!I have pretty much all the ones I want, and some of them are staggering, but I'm always one for trying out new stuff.So my question is;Any of you guys got a recommendation?Freeware of course.- Jon

Guest crotiusf16

Be patient, someone will develop some more.

Guest jonthedoors

I'm not asking people to make more, I'm just asking for recommendations of good stuff form you, the people.

Guest jonthedoors

Ah, the Tu154. Couldn't be better for a freeware product. I'm still getting to grips with it, and the russian panel.Amazing product though.

I recently downloaded the F-8 Crusader here at AVSIM and have been having a lot of fun in it.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I have been collecting business jets lately. I now have 20 including the Lear 45. I will eventually move on to WWI aircraft and will get tired of that (Not a whole lot of free WWI) then will graduate to WWII birds (there are some real nice ones freeware). Then maybe some weird stuff. I already have cars and motorcycles and boats (kinda dumb). Use your imagination. What we need is some animals, haha.

I don't know if you like to fly buisness jets but recently there was a very nice freeware Learjet 25 released. The file name was lalj25.zip.

After trying lots of different Aircraft, most of us settle on a favorite. I wouldn't attempt to influence anyone in what that favorite should be. In the first place, we Simmers have different areas of Flight Simulator that are important to us. The real Pilots and the Wannabe Pilots are hot for real life stuff like Sids and Stars, accurate flight characteristics, such as performance being based upon amount of passengers and luggage, and fuel, etc. And then theres us who want Eye Candy. We dont fly at 35000 feet above the clouds and care less about whats going on below us. I want to look down and see a River or shoreline where it's supposed to be. I want landclass and mesh to resemble the real thing. The aircraft I have settled on after years of trying just about everything out there Is the Beech 200. I have it in a special US Marine Corps livery made for me by a great Painter over at the Evolve AI forum. I loved the paint, but found it uncomfortable to fly as I perfected my flying and landing techniques with the default Beech King Air. So I switched the air file and I've got exactly what I want. Not too fast and not too slow. I get around with a chance to watch the geography below and not having to shave before I get to my destination. My Thanks go to the scenery and Mesh designers, Payware and Freeware, who make this enjoyable for me. The thing that makes Flight Simulator Great is the variety of things we can obsess on. Pick yours and try not to find fault with anybody elses.Bill :-outta

Guest jonthedoors

I've already had a horse! Hahaha

I just bought and downloaded the freeware Boeing collection from Overland/Simmer's Sky about a month ago and I love them. Clean, simple and easy to fly. They're not exactly freeware but they're very inexpensive -- about $25 bucks for 9 or 10 jets, including some heavies, and tons of free paints here in the library.

>I just bought and downloaded the freeware Boeing collection>from Overland/Simmer's Sky about a month ago and I love them.>Clean, simple and easy to fly. They're not exactly freeware>but they're very inexpensive -- about $25 bucks for 9 or 10>jets, including some heavies, and tons of free paints here in>the library.I'm lost here. Are they freeware, ie you pay nothing? Or payware, ie you pay? Or do you just donate if you like them? No offence intended, I'm just genuinly confused and curious.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

No, they're not freeware but they are inexpensive, and I love them. Much more forgiving and far fewer surprise taxiway crashes than POSKY (which I also love!). If you decide to buy them, look for them from an American download store -- you'll save about 5 bucks. Simmarket bases everything on the Euro which is very strong these days.<< http://www.overland.co.jp/english/sms/w-airlines.html >>