Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Map view and CTD

Twice now, when I've opened the map page I'm presented with a black window were the map should be. Then the sim freezes and crashes. Both times I was o the ground at Cloud9's LAX. I'll try another area tomorrow to see if I get the same results.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Try disabling the Cloud 9 scenery or removing the AfCAD then you will know for sure if that scenery is your problem.

Peter Schluter

I'm sure it's a problem with Cloud9's LAX. After a few minutes it crashes, usua1lly when changing views. I've got a lot of ram available, so I can't see how it's a memory issue. I've got a number of large detailed scenery and have never had a problem with any of them. I tried posting on their forum, but they were no help. I've never experienced such rude and arrogant treatment from a developer. Here's part of the response I received from Umberto Colapicchioni:"KLAX doesn't crashes after a few minutes. If it did, we would have the forum full with such reports, in the 2 years the scenery has been out..........Since the scenery is available as Trial, it wouldn't have sold much if it really had this issue."He might as well have called me a liar. I couldn't believe the arrogance of this guy. Needless to say, this ends my relationship with Cloud9.Dave F.