Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

FS9.CFG

Hey!I wonder where in the FS9.CFG, or any other in notepad readable file, the data are stored about the location where a flight is supposed to start. What I mean is: where are the data showing in which airport, at which parking plae, and with wich heading which aircraft stays, when FS9 starts...OK! When FS9 is opened, one has to determine onesleves at which airport etc one likes to start, but after all, it must be stored somewhere in a file. Somewhere in a file this information must have been kept?....Can anybody tell me where to find these data?GreetzJive1

Hey! Jim,Thank you for this reply.I'm trying to make me a little program where I can, before starting FS, define some settings, and possibly also add some other stuff, like flightplan, aircraft data, and so on....I'm just playing a bit with Visual Basic, in an effort to learn how to program things...GreetzJive1

Hey! Another question to me is....When I changed some data in the FS9.CFG, and I save the file afterwords, then it happens that the remarks for my own information, and which I placed after // on the same line as I've changed something, then the // and the remarks are no more there after a run of FS9 and then re-opening the FS9.CFG file.I've seen however that it must be possible to keep the remarks in the file...How can I do this?GreetzJive1

Guest LeeWang

type:LOCKED=1in the "section" you Don't want FS to overwrite. That should prevent Flight Sim from changing the contents of the fs9.cfg file. Lee

Hey! Lee,Thank you!But, where should I type that LOCKED=1 ?Should I make e nrw section in the FS9.CFG file like [LOCK] Locked=1Or should I just type it on the first line of the FS9.CFGor should I type it elsewhere?GreetzJive1

Guest LeeWang

Sorry Jive1,,, Appears I'm wrong. LOCKED=1 only works in the "Joystick" section of the fs9.cfg.After you set up you're joysticks, and you don't want fs9 to every change your setup, then you'd place the LOCKED=1 under the joystick section like this:(JOYSTICK_MAIN {6F1D2B70-D5A0-11CF-BFC7-444553540000)LOCKED=1Appears LOCKED=1 don't work on the weather section for example, and I'm not sure what other sections of the fs9.cfg it will work in.Lee

Hi,You must quit FS9 before your program saves the file. If you don't, then FS9 will save the file as it exits, using the OLD file instead - none of your edits will be in there.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___