Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

CH Products Control Manager Unstable in FS9?

(ADMIN: This is not a hardware issue so I'm posting in this forum -- apologies if I'm not correct.)I just spent the better part of 2 days trying to get my CH Products Flight Yoke, throttle quad and pro pedals back to flying status using CH Control Manager in my FS9. (I started using CH's Control Manager quite successfully several months ago as the alternative to my registered FSUIPC, which I couldn't get to work right with the reverser command.) I made one change in my Windows XP control panel on Sunday night to make the yoke the primary controller so that I could assign a "next" button for my FDC Live Cockpit, and that set off a maddening chain of events that kept me on the ground for that whole time. I lost many of the assignments I had made in FS9 and no matter what I did either in the sim itself or CH Control Manager, one change seemed to mess up 5 other things! I installled, uninstalled, assigned and reassigned countless times -- even replacing the original .map file I had thoughtfully backed up didn't work! (And FDC Live Cockpit never did see my controller -- but that's a completely separate and manageable issue.)I finally got things so I could at least fly again last night by deleting the pedals from Control Manager and running them outside of the software, but even then I still need to recalibrate and desensitize my yoke and throttles.Is this common? What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm afraid to do anything now that involves my flight controls!! God forbid I ever have to rearrange my USB cables again -- I think would just hang myself at that point.

For what it is worth I followed the advice on the FSUIPC forum and didnt install the CH sofware;unassigned all joystick axes in FS9; select "disconnect joystick" in the FS9 menu; and assign everything through FSUIPC.It took a while to set it all up, but works like a charm. Dont have to worry about disconnecting the usb connectors either. Fsuipc remembers everything.Peter

Peter Schluter

Peter:Do you have all three pieces from CH products? Yoke, throttle quad and pedals?TIA.

Chuck. yes I do. Recent aquisitions and they have transformed my simming. As I said above I use FSUIPC to assign everything. I have the joystick "disconnected" in the FS9 menu and the whole kit works like a dream.Peter

Peter Schluter

Hello ChuckI also use FSUIPC to set up my CH yoke, peddles and throttle quad.I disable the joystick in FS and delete all of the assignments relating to the CH stuff.Here are some links from Pete Dowsons forum on Simflight which may helphttp://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=67409http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=59729

Thanks, guys. It's all very frustrating -- I'm aware of the FSUIPC techniques, but again, I've had serious problems getting it to control reversers for my throttle quads -- it won't do it. Using the technique outlined this thread was the only way I could get reversers to work on my system. << http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=25470 >>I had the Saitek yoke and throttles for a little while -- I wonder if this has thrown FSUIPC off kilter some way, even though I have deleted (supposedly) all traces of the Saitek yoke.This appears to be some sort of peculiarity unique to my system and set up, and that you guys aren't experiencing my problems. I was afraid of that.

Hello ChuckTry deleting your FSUIPC.ini, that will get FSUIPC back to a clean slate.

and also dont install the CH software......if you are using FSUIPC you dont need it. Can only comlicate things.

Peter Schluter

See previous posts: I had to install CH months ago because FSUIPC wouldn't recognize the reverse thrust command from the indent on my throttle quad.I'm going to delete the CH software yet again tomorrow morning and try starting from scratch with just FSUIPC. This will only be about the 6th time -- What's the definition of 'insanity'? Repeating the same thing over and over, expecting different results. :-)

I use the yoke pedals and throttle with ch manager with no issues.I assigned the throttle lever on the yoke to be my thrust reverser. Again no issues.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Thanks, Bill. Do you also have the registered version of FSUIPC installed? I'm wondering if everything is getting mixed in and confusing my system by blocking certain commands.Thanks again.

>Thanks, Bill. Do you also have the registered version of>FSUIPC installed? I'm wondering if everything is getting>mixed in and confusing my system by blocking certain>commands.>>Thanks again.Yes I have the payware version FSUIPC installed. To date no problems.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

>Thanks, Bill. Do you also have the registered version of>FSUIPC installed? I'm wondering if everything is getting>mixed in and confusing my system by blocking certain>commands.>>Thanks again.Yes I have the payware version FSUIPC installed. To date no problems.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Guest ha5mvo

I, for one, never had any problems with CH CM. It virtually can double the number of buttons you have - something you won't be able to do using UIPC AFAIK.I can understand why a 3PD would want to use UIPC but as an end user I find it of limited use.I suppose most people use it to make custom assignments for their Yoke/Joystick - I do the same using a little utility from "Project Tupolev". Granted, it does not have as many options, but it has more than enough for me to setup the 20 odd buttons I have at my disposal.Think your battery gets drained too quickly? edit the aircraft.cfg...From where I stand,for whatever functionality the registered version exclusively provides, 50 bucks is a tad too dear. Although this, of course, is only my own opinion.

Thanks for your comments,ha5mvo, and I do agree with most of what you say. I bought FSUIPC a long time ago when it seemed like the only answer to several issues and every body always raved about it. However, for me, CH CM causes far, far more problems -- it totally confuses my FS, assinging different designations to and/or not recognizing my hardware at all, it doesn't hold assignements easily unless I save and exit after every change, etc. etc. etc. Right now I've removed it and I'm back to FSUIPC controlling everything including my reversers, and is working great and see's everything I need it to see, which is all I ask. However, as we all know in this hobby the future is always in question. :-DThanks again!