Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

CH Products Control Manager Unstable in FS9?

I think it is a case of horses for courses. I have used Saitek joysticks in the past and found the programming software useful. However I would often forget what was controling a function.... joystick software or FSUIPC or default FS9 controls.. which recognise the controler as soon as you plug it in.I dont know if the CH software works well or not as I have not used it, I am sure it probably does work very well.I just find it easier to have one thing controlling all the functions...in my case FSUIPC. Peter

Peter Schluter

>>I dont know if the CH software works well or not as I have not >>used it, I am sure it probably does work very well.Well, now I have experience using all 3 and of the 3 I have found the software made by Saitek and CH Products to ge equally deficient and aggravating, if only because they do add that extra layer of control, which can confuse the system. FSUIPs biggest drawback seems to be in its utter vastness -- it tries to do a lot (and it usually succeeds!) -- if not in it's somewhat confusing or verbose documentation. The customer support persoan is cranky, too! :-hah

If you like, I can send you my FS2004 CH Products cms and map files.You can edit them how you like. But I been using the same CH program since FS2002. It loads all my buttons and functions and do not interfere with FS9 functions.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Jeez,Bill. That would be great! Thank you! I'm PMing you with my email address. My set up always gets most confused with all the different axes. Do you have to save, upload and exit each time you change a key command? EDIT: Woops, I guess I'm not PMing you! My email adress is listed. THANKS!:-beerchug

Unable to locate your address, but you can pm it too me and I'll send it to you. Also you can download a file called CH start from CH products website. You load it in your windows startup file, that way you do not have to install your changes before starting FS9.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I tried PMing you but it says your user profile has been disabled or hidden. I've used CMStart.

>I tried PMing you but it says your user profile has been>disabled or hidden. I've used CMStart.Fixed you should be able to PM now.Bill M

Bill McIntyre