Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

CLS Sydney

Has anyone tried this yet. I am hesitent because it is really expensive. It looks a little closer to Blue Print Style offerings that Fly Tampa or FS Dreamteam which are amazing airports. I am not putting Blue Print down they price there sceneries right IMO, but I have not seen much said about Sydney since it has been ignored for a long time. I figured if it was really nice more would be said about it. I figure I would ask and see if anybody has anything to say about it.Thanks Andrew

I had been looking forward to this too, but when I saw the screen shots I closed my wallet. The freeware VOZ scenery looks better and is cheaper! There were some strong crticisms on the VOZ forums as well, so I will just have to enjoy the VOZ version for now.

Graeme Butler

I'm not going to infer anything but see the Vista Australia forums for the story on this scenery.Whilst a full blown freeware was never made, the enhancements done by VOZ on YSSY are pretty good I think. I don't see anything more in the CLS version apart from photoreal grass.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Same for me here.I have been waiting for a good payware Sydney for ages now.Except for Beijing, it's been my most awaied airport.I was glad to hear someone is finally working on it.My credit card was ready, however, having a close look at CLS screenshots I had simillar feelings as you guys.http://secure.simmarket.com/online/cls/sydney/7.jpgOf course it may seem unfair to judge by pictures only.But, first of all, it is payware. Secondly, you must agree good sceneries are something you just take a first look at and you know this is it. Not the case here. I won't be buying it. Maybe I have been spoiled by FlyTampa or Aerosoft, I don't know...However, it would be nice if someone who did buy the scenery could drop here an inside line.VOZ YSSY - so far, so good ;)Best regards,Rafal

Sorry, but I see it as another developer passing off something as "payware" and trying to get as much money for it as he can with the least amount of quality available. I want a good SYD but this folks is not it. Waste of money.

Eric 

Orbx/FTX are doing a Sydney Scenery soon. If it comes out as nice as the preview shots of their Melbourne Airport, then we're in for something special.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest ThrottleUp

I really like the CLS Airbus series but lately I personally have not been thrilled with following releases. My boxed CLS DC-10 arrived last week and TBH I find the visual modelling on the freeware SGA DC-10 superior. I feel the same way about this SYD and agree with the other poster that VOZ is the way to go. Im still staggered that they released THAT as freeware.

In my opinion, use the default FS9 YSSY with the "Jetways & Terminals Package Nine" available here on AVSIM and you've got yourself a pretty dam good Sydney for no money and very little effort.Certainly no worse than the CLS offering...Gary