Sign in to follow this  
klemay

FS9, Nvidia, and NHancer

Greetings all.Since my migration back to FS9; I've been having issues with the AA and other settings taking shape. First off, my system specs:Dell XPS400 Dual Core 2.6GeVGA 7950GT 512 PCIe22" Viewsonic LCD2 Gig ram160G 7200rmp HDCurrent drivers are the 163 series; as the 169s I've used seem to slow down my system; or have issues with the monitor; cant quite tell, but it just seems "slow"...like my IE, quicken, etc. Flashes, bluriness....stuff like that.I've been searching here and there on the forums, and have found a few good posts on what folks have setting wise using NHancer, and I've been trying to use them.It seems that no matter what I try, the only way I can get things to work, is in Full Screen Mode. However the issues that arrise are stutters, and slowness; and the fact that I can't use FSNav or anyting else that requires a seperate monitor/window. I go to window'd mode, and I get blurries and jaggies all over the place, no matter if I have the setting is FS checked or unchecked!Thoughts?Thanks all,Ken L.

Ken,I have a 7950 GT as well. If you have Windows XP, the easiest way to solve your problems is to go back to the 9x.xx series of drivers. Personally, I use the Forceware 91.47 which give very good quality and frames on both FS2004 and FSX. And above all, you won't need to mess with Nhancer :-)If you are on Vista, it's another story ;(Jean-Paulhttp://www.digital-aviation.de/banners/PA3...eyennePilot.gif

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Paul,Yes I do have XP SP2; I'll give those drivers a go, thanks for your reply!Ken

Guest Ken_Verga

I have a 7950GTOC too, using the 169.21 drivers that fixed the Black box and other AA boxes in FS for me.

Gents,Again, thank you for your replies. I've tried the 169 drivers, and they seem not only to bog down FSX, but everything else on my system as well.I did revert back to the 9x drivers mentioned above, and wow, what a great difference! The sim runs smooth, and looks good as well!Thanks again!Ken

Ken,I'm using the 93.82 Nvidia driver and find the following problems on my 7950GT card with Win XP. All of these problems show up in full screen mode only.FSAA below 4X, the aircraft preview screen is visible on the menu selection screen but a lot of menu flashing when going between menus or windows within FS9, the PMDG AIRAC load time takes 2 minutes or longer.FSAA 4X or 6X, aircraft preview picture goes black, the PMDG AIRAC load time takes 2 minutes or greater, still a lot of menu flashing going on when switching menus.FSAA at 8X (max), no more menu flashing, PMDG AIRAC load time around 10 seconds, but the aircraft preview screen is still black.If I want to see the aircraft in the preview screen when in 8X, I have to switch to windowed mode. Do you have any of these problems?Kim

Ken, glad that these drivers work for you as well :-)Kim, I'm running at 1600x1200, FSAA 4x, 16x AF and do not have the issues you mention. You could consider a complete removal of your current drivers with drivercleaner or driversweeper (http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper)- Remove current drivers with the add-remove software window- reboot- start in safe mode, run drivercleaner or driversweeper- reboot- install "new" drivers ( 91.47 are available at http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47 )Jean-Paulhttp://www.digital-aviation.de/banners/PA3...nnePilot.gif:-)

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4