Sign in to follow this  
Guest easyjetterluton

Unable to download

Guest MaceyTwo

Hello.This is the first time I've posted in an Avsim forum, though for years I've read the forums and have discovered what a treasure trove they are for information on Flight Simulator.Over the past two days, I've been encountering a problem so frustrating that I registered to post my question.I cannot download any files from the library. I can log in successfully, perform searches, etc. But on the download screen, I'm redirected to get the file, but nothing happens. Eventually, the famous MS "Page cannot be displayed" fills the frame. I find a similar result when right-clicking on the link and selecting "Save target as..." In that case, this error message pops up: "The operation timed out."I'm guessing that this isn't a systemic problem with the library. Which of my own settings would you recommend I change?I have www.avsim.com, avsim.net, library.avsim.net, and forums.avsim.net listed as my trusted sites. And IE is set to accept cookies from both avsim.com and avsim.net.My Windows firewall is on.This is one of those situations where everything works fine one day, then, without any user-initiated changes to any settings, things go awry. Any feedback would be most appreciated.Cheers,Alex Burkett

Guest Regg001

I have the exact same problem for the past two days as well. Popup is not disable. I also tried without my firewal, same result. I cleaned all cached file from IE and removed all security with the same result again - download does'nt start.I had a similar situation two weeks ago and it worked ok the next day without changing my config.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there.I hope I'm not teaching Granny anything here.You click a download you want and are taken to the download page.On that page is a scroll bar and you scroll to the bottom and there is a link to the download (in blue).You click that and your download should start in a few seconds and you click 'save' or 'open' in the file box and the file goes to your computer.Sometimes if I'm not quick enough with the scrolling part my security settings kick in and the hand won't work for 5-10 seconds, but that is the only 'problem' I've ever had with downloads.Andy.

Guest easyjetterluton

I havn't been able to download for over 2 weeks. Popups and zone alarm disabled. Same "Page not found" as original poster. This is the same with IE and Firefox.