Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

I've Got The AFCAD Blues - who can help?

If I have multiple bgl files for just one airport, how do i know which is being used by FS9? Or are they all???My KLAX has 4 bgl files that i can see (i think). Two belong to the Cloud9 addon airport (1 of these being an exclude), one stock, and one which was obviously added by Fligh1 (Ultimate Traffic). They are all vastly different.All I want to do is add a couple of parking spots and create a few extra flightplans. BUT..... which file to open with AFCAD2???:-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm

Run AFCAD program and open KLAX. You should see a list of afcads MOD and STOCK. Interrogate each one and you should be able to find the filename. The one to adjust is most likely the MOD afcad (probably your cloud9 file). You should remove or rename the stock ones.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

You should have only ONE active afcad for any airport - there may be a second one with naviad data only in it - but use only one which has runway and parking data.I would suggest you disable the one from Ultimate Traffic (just rename it with a BAK extension).You can also use the fine utility named Scanafd to check for duplicates.It is avaiable in the library - scanafd.zip If checking by using the Afcad program by Lee Swordy, you will also see the default one, but it will be greyed out if it has been replaced by another one.Your "additions" should be made to the single one which is active - in your case the Cloud 9 one which already has runway and parking data in it.Having "duplicate" Afcads can cause some very strange reactions in FS2004 including CTD's.Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the help. Does that mean any that are greyed out are safe to 'ignore' - that i don't have to look for, and rename?

Yep - you cannot delete the default FS ones anyway - anything you have added simply overrides the default and that is why they are greyed out.

Thanks David.You must be burning the midnight oil so to speak - must be middle of the night in Texas?

I drive school bus to stay out of mischief so get up about 4 AM.Can't be simming ALL the time ya know!

>If I have multiple bgl files for just one airport, how do i know which is being used by FS9?If the files are in the scenery subfolder of active scenery areas, theyare being used. The question then, is how they are used. That's why I like LWMViewer2, it will load all active files in a geo location and you can see what each one is doing (as long as they are FS9 scenery files. Doesn't work with SCASM code from FS2k2 or earlier).As indicated, if the bgl files contain airport element data, AFCAD2 will find them and show them as "mod" airports, but AFCAD can't really t4ell you exactly how they are used (AFCAD2 is designed with the assumption that there is a default airport, and a separate bgl file which modifies it.) scott s..