Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jayviator

Are there any panels for a shorts 360?

Guest Jayviator

Hi, I am trying to find a panel for my pacific coastal shorts 360 (repainted in Aurigny colours for my Eastleigh/Southampton airport heritage collection) i keep seeing about Ken mitchells panel but i cannot find that anywhere, at the moment i am using a shorts 330 panel which still isnt as accuarate but is better than the king air panel that came with the SD360!Does anyone know if there is one available?ThanksJay

The only one I know about is a FS2002 2D panel by PAD, which will work in FS2004. Search for: sd36acc2.zip

Guest Stan V

Jayviator,I have an FS2004 zip file obtained originally from AVSIM called skyvan.zip posted, I think, by a fellow named Dan Watkins in Oct 2004. The panel inside is credited to Ken Mitchell so that is probbaly the one recommended to you by others. Also mentioned in the readme is Rick Piper. I tell you this only because I was unable to find the skyvan.zip file or any other files by Dan Watkins on AVSIM today. If you will give me an email address, I will send you privately a copy of Dan's zip file.Stan V

Guest Stan V

Javiator,I think I found the Dan Watson file or a version of it at least over on flightsim.com. It is called pinkvan.com.Stan V.

Guest Jayviator

Hi, thanks for your help, I think i will make do with the shorts 330 panel as it looks quite similar to the 360 panel, (just missing the white outline around the main gauges and the little screen in the bottom centre of the panel) whereas i have looked at pics of a shorts skyvan cockpit and it looks quite different, but thanks again for your help

Guest Jayviator

Ah, I tried this one a few days ago and my fs2004 doesnt like it! everytime i try to run it it just gets stuck on the loading screen then eventualy just says microsoft flight sim has experienced an error blah blah.Its probably something to do with the way i added the panel, although im quite used to adding new aircraft and panels now so im not sure whats going wrong, i thought maybe it would only work with the aircraft thats included in the file (i have been trying to add it to my existing shorts 360) so i added the model that came with the file and still have the same problem, i have added the gauge and module and sound files to the main corresponding files in fs9 but just cannot get it to work, shame as the panel looks pretty decent.thanks for your help though.

Guest joe308

Before I retired as the CEO of Mercator VA I made a SDS 360 FO panel in honor of one of my pilots who had gotten hired by a cargo line flying the Shorts. Trust me, this is by far, the best Shorts panel available, even though it

Guest Jayviator

Hi, thanks, i tried to download it but winzip says its not a valid file so it didnt work, looks like a good panel though (although i prefer being the captain!)

Guest Jayviator

Ah, i got it to work, (i downloaded the wrong part) but the overhead panel has no switches and one of the gauges from the main panel is missing, again probably something ive done wrong with instaling it (maybe its because it was made for mike stones shorts 360, and i have another version?)

Guest Jayviator

Aha, i just noticed for it to work properly i neded to have the gauges from mike stones shorts 360, which has the Ken mitchell panel that i have been searching for! Sorry for not using your panel but as i said i prefer to be the captain, i think your panel is very good and i might try it now and then to see how it differs from the ken mitchell one (for a start i see yours has overhead panel, whereas ken mitchells one doesnt) it should work fine now as i have added the gauges. thank you very much as i wouldnt have found this panel without your help.