Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Madrid ( LEMD) How to pour the cement?

After 10 years of Flight Simming, I had per chance to stop at Madrid- LEMD the other day. Most of the aircraft were parked on the dirt/grass. I spent parts of 3 days trying to use AVSIM files to correct it. No luck, so I got mad, shelled out $30.00 and bought the Simwings version from SimMarket. Still had aircraft on the ramps parked on the grass/dirt. Tried 2 more days trying to fix it with AVSIM files brought up under, "Madrid" / Scenery Fs2004. One guy had 6 pages of delete, copy, change,etc. Must have done something wrong because this time the COMPLETE, whole airport was on grass/ dirt. No cement anywhere? Has Simwings made an up date to their Madrid, after the real airport was updated a couple of years ago? It's still a mess for me on FS2004 and I'll bet my last two dollars that that's the reason that Aerosoft has NOT, repeat, NOT included it in their Airport Enhancement Services (AES) Series. Has anyone been able to fix this problem? If so, HOW?The ONLY redeeming factor in all of this mess is that BEFORE making all of these changes to my Fs2004 I used a new program, "ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE HOME II". Not only is it a great BACK-UP program, it has a feature called, "TRY and DECIDE" that you can start and all changes to your computer will be made in a "vertial state". Then you try the changes that you made and if you like them, they will be made permanant, or if you DON'T like the changes, check a box and ALL of the changes that you made will dissappear like you never made them !!!! If you do must sceney adding/changing etc, this program is worth it's "weight" in gold. I think www.acronis.com is their address and it costs about $50. It's really a 1st class back-up program with TOO many feathures to list here. jerrycwo4

Some good news...Thorsten of SimWings is making a new LEMD version to be distributed under the Aerosoft brand and will probably still be sold both at the Simmarket or the Aerosoft site. I think it's almost done.It will be an AES airport also. I can't remember if the current/old version is AES. I thought it was, but I maybe wrong.There's also a Lisbon-Portugal airport almost done as well.I think both will be for FS9 and FSX. You can see the latest screenies for both in the Aerosoft forums. Both look really awesome!Your problem sounds like you probably have 2 AFCAD files for 1 airport. What I do is make sure I have the addon scenery AFCAD file in that folder, then check in your FS directory for another default or UT file and then delete it.That's a quick run down. One of our forum members 'reggie', if I remember right is really up on the AFCAD stuff. It's not that hard once you learn where the files are. There are several more proficient in all those goodies as well, I just remember his name right off because he posts alot here.Hope that helps a bit.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

CEMENT is a mere ingredient to making the CONCRETE i believe your referring to?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I had this problem a few years back. All my Spanish airports vanished. It turned out to be a rogue file in a freeware Croatia scenery for Dubrovnik I had installed that was killing airports 500miles away in Spain. Are you running this croatian scenery?

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Thanks to all of you who answered. I never did know the differance in cement and concrete, and still don't. I've never done anything with all of that AFCAD stuff, don't have the TTools etc.I tried to see that I only had one AFCAD file in this scenery, but I must have been wrong. And no, I don't have that other Spanish scenery that had the 500 mile errors. I guess Ill have to wait for the updated LEMD and then I can add it to my list of AES airportd also. Thanks for the help. jerrycwo4

FYI, the old Sim-Wings LEMD works perfectly fine here, out of the box or so to speak. (Not that I'm not looking forward to the updated version.)Try ScanAFD (second link) and check to see if you have multiple LEMD Afcads. Perhaps your AI traffic program came with one that needs to be disabled?Also, make a screen capture of the problem. From what you describe, it's not entirely clear if aircraft park where they shouldn't (Afcad problem) or if there's "cement" missing.Either way, make sure you only have one LEMD Afcad active and verify that it's in LEMD's scenery folder.Kudos on the job with Acronis by the way. :D

Mike...

Jerry,You don't need to know how to make an AFCAD file, you just need to find the dup file in your FS directory and delete it. That's most likely what's causing your problem.I'm at work now so it's hard to write down here for you to be able to visualize what you need to know, but trust me, it takes about 2 seconds.Maybe someone here will chime in here with some screenies of their directory so you can see what you need to do.Hang in there bro. :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Both ScanAFD and AFCAD will sometimes list files as afcad types but some may not be the kind that can intefere with AFCADs that define parking, taxiways, etc.I use the Open Airport function of AFCAD. Normally there should only be one layer above default (stock). I just view each layer to see what is in it. If outside of the stock layer more than one defines runways and taxiways, etc., then using the File/Properties from its menu get the full path to what I think is the offending afcad, rename the extension from .bgl to .bgh, and restart FS to reindex the scenery. I then load up the airport in question and see how things look.Another thing you can do is download FSUIPC (3.75 or better for FS9) from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlYou can use FSUIPC with AFCAD without a purchased regisration. You can then open up a window in FS and then that airport in AFCAD and use its lock function. You can now place your aircraft where you want on the airport and you will see a cursor follow on the AFCAD screen. If there is more than one legitimate type airport afcad, this can help you identify the correct one in seeing how the aircraft position in the scenery relates the the afcad view for parking locations, etc.One thing to note if you use the overhead view of the airport in FS to check this. The overhead view sometimes ignores excludes or flattens regarding scenery and autogen objects or base textures leak through. In the regular views this would not be noticed. It is strange but a few other folks have noticed this too.You can find AFCAD 2.21, the last available version, in the libraries here.AFCAD sets its layer priorities according to the priority you defined in the FS setting/scenery library. There is a rule in FS that states that even with a priority only two scenery layers can show the afcad properties of runway, parking, and taxiway layout including surface textures. Disregard layers that do not have these features. They serve other purposes.