Sign in to follow this  
mitchella330

A good flight planner freeware program

Hello! I've been trying to find a good flight sim flight planner program. I've found lots but they don't help me solve the problem. The one I've tried is Super Flight Planner. Does anybody know one that is easy to use?

I use FS Navigator 3.0, which is freeware. Designed for FS98, its database was updated for FS2000, and it's still >99% accurate for FS9. Not difficult to find if you google for it.;)

Guest ha5mvo

>Hello! I've been trying to find a good flight sim flight>planner program. I've found lots but they don't help me solve>the problem. The one I've tried is Super Flight Planner. Does>anybody know one that is easy to use?What problem exactly does SFP not solve?

HelloWhat is complicated about Super Flight planner?Seems very easy to use in my opinion, certainly no harder than FScommander or FSNav.If you want more features than the built in flightplanner then you will encounter a learning curve.The SFP quick start guide is easy to follow.

IMHO the best and easiest free flight planner is fsbuild 1.4.3. But the problem is that to do AIRAC updates you are on your own (it is doable though).scott s..

Unfortunately I tried downloading it from the fsbuild website. But it said 404 not found. Also It's not FS9. Thanks anyway.

Guest H_Kev55

AI Flight Creator by David Westbury.Easy to use and will create all 3 text files and has an interface for TTools also.If I can use it..you can use it.KJAvatarSaabAnimation.gif

Guest ha5mvo

>It is complicated, and it takes long to use.Well, it depends then what you want your planner to do. If you're looking for something where you can type in your Departure/arrival and it would do all the rest then you can use Flight Sims own planner or the online "RouteFinder" if you're into something more fancy.If you wish to have a planner that gives you the ability to modify its default output then inherently you're looking into something more "complicated" as you put it.

Agreed... Dave Westbury's AI Flight Creator is the easiest one to use which I have tried. I use it all the time now.

>Unfortunately I tried downloading it from the fsbuild website. >But it said 404 not found. Also It's not FS9. Thanks anyway.I looked around, and I can't find it now either (used to take some digging around to find, but I guess the links are drying up). Works in FS2k2, FS9, and FSX. There's also a nice little program called gatekeeper that you can use to change the starting position in a flight plan.scott s..

I do it simple these days, let dispatch do the work..:)get vroute, select a flight, and download the .pln file.I convert it with pln2rte and load it in my 747. Simple, and easy.Of course there are other converters around for all sorts of fmc's.To have a .pln file let you also use the FS atc.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan