Sign in to follow this  
Guest contrail

9Dragons installer AVG alert?

Guest contrail

Downloaded the(awesome)Kai Tak V2 scenery a week or so ago from Avsim. Today after downloading latest definitions for(freeware)AVG anti-virus I got an alert for "trojan horse SHeur.AVTG" on the "9Dragons V2 Installer.exe" file.Just wanting to know if anyone else with AVG was getting this alert also.Thanks

Yes, I am having the same alert but only after downloading the latest definitions.Best regards,

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest EdrickV

Get the same message from one of the LEAS C-119's recently uploaded. I think something added recently has caused this Click Install version to be seen as a trojan."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Yep, AVG's latest update must be producing some false positives. No trojans here... only dragons! ;-)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I've had this too with 9Dragons. Also, AVG recently 'wiped out' over half my Flight1 fleet!!I've gone over to 'Avast' for the time being.

Guest morlis

Good Morning,I downloaded a self installing mod for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season about six months ago. I installed the mod at that time and to this day everything works excellently. I sent my friends the file and they installed it and it works great for them as well.This morning when I ran AVG I got the same message all of you did about the Trojan Horse virus. I did a search on Google and that's how I found this thread. I believe you all when you say that it's a false reading.Please let me know via this thread if you find out anything in addition to this and I will keep you all posted if I discover anything.Thank you all.-Tom

I have the same trojan horse alert by the AVG. I am reassured by the developer of the fantastic Kai tak scenery 'Clutch Cargo'. However I think best someone to inform the AVG staff of this false possitive.RegardsShri

Guest EdrickV

What you are supposed to do when you get what you believe to be a false positive is to send the file to virus@grisoft.com. They'll check it out and if it's a false positive will remove it from detection in future versions.As far as the Flight 1 stuff, that's a known issue. The affected Flight 1 installers are protected from being cracked/reverse-engineered by a program called Themida. But that protection prevents anti-virus programs from checking the files inside. What's worse is Themida's apparently been cracked and used to distribute viruses that anti-virus programs can't detect. That's why AVG (and other anti-virus programs) report stuff as packed.Themida. The only safe remedy is to remove individual files one by one. Try sending the download links of affected files to virus@grissoft.com. I did that for the Flight 1 ATR (which got removed from detection) and mentioned the 727 but don't know if that was removed. (Those files are way too big for e-mail.)And one big tip to anyone using AVG: You can make AVG ask you what to do if it thinks it finds a virus/trojan/whatever rather then automatically "heal" the file. Go into the Test Center, bring up Tests|Complete Test Settings and uncheck Automatically heal files."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest EdrickV

FYI, if you didn't uninstall AVG, the files it "healed" should have been moved to AVG's virus vault and you could recover them that way. And see below for a way you could prevent AVG from "healing" files automatically. AVG's not the only anti-virus that detects Flight 1 files, NOD32 detects (or detected) some of them as potentially unwanted programs I believe. AVG Free calls everything it finds a virus, regardless of what it actually is."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest Albatross7107

I didn't download Kia Tak (I fear it would make my computer have an attack of apoplexy) but it sure looks FINE! Anyway, I bet they used a ClickTeam installer didn't they?I ask because I used one for my scenery that I just posted here and I've had a fella with AVG Free contact me saying that AVG Free said it had a virus... I've checked it every way I know how (I have Norton) and it looks ok, even when I re-downloaded it to check what was stored here at AVsim...

>>And one big tip to anyone using AVG: You can make AVG ask you>what to do if it thinks it finds a virus/trojan/whatever>rather then automatically "heal" the file. Go into the Test>Center, bring up Tests|Complete Test Settings and uncheck>Automatically heal files.>Thanks for that!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)