Sign in to follow this  
Guest CDAhmedEH

Takes 2 mins and 30 secs to start FS9

Guest CDAhmedEH

Hello,I have over 50 addons planes. FS9 would about 30 seconds to startup. However, when I installed MyTraffic 2006 it took 5 mins to start FS9. When I defragged my hard drive (with O&O Defrag Complete/NAME) it took 2 mins and 30 seconds. But is still way too long. Is there any way to solve this problem ?Thanks

Guest CDAhmedEH

So this is normal ? If it is, I'm fine with it.. I though it was something that had to do with my computer or FS9 Installation

Yeah, with a lot of addons, and especially with AI traffic addons, there can be a long load time.

All aircraft cfg and scenery bgl (including traffic) are read and the scenery database is modified if needed - if you have a lot of traffic / aircraft / scenery the load time will be long... that's just the ways it is!Geoff

Guest H_Kev55

Mine takes 20-30 minutes.KJAvatarSaabAnimation.gif

Guest CDAhmedEH

>Mine takes 20-30 minutes.>KJ>>AvatarSaabAnimation.gifYou're joking right ?

Guest ha5mvo

There's a utility to make aircraft "invisible" in the "select aircraft" menu. If you apply this setting on your AI planes it can shorten loading times somewhat. Unfortunately I can't remember the utility's name or where one can get it from.

I used this utility and it cleaned up my AI showing on the aircraft selection menu. But to speed up loading, I moved all my unused add-on aircraft to another folder and only put the one I am going to fly in the FS9aircraft folder for each flight. I didn't move any of the default aircraft because they are used for AI. I am at the create flight screen in less than 10 seconds now and the actual flight loads in about 15 seconds. dolph

>Mine takes 20-30 minutes.>KJ>>AvatarSaabAnimation.gifThat's WAY too long... look, I don't know everyting, but I have a feeling that something is wrong with your FS situation.

>I used this utility and it cleaned up my AI showing on the>aircraft selection menu. >>But to speed up loading, I moved all my unused add-on aircraft>to another folder and only put the one I am going to fly in>the FS9aircraft folder for each flight. I didn't move any of>the default aircraft because they are used for AI. I am at the>create flight screen in less than 10 seconds now and the>actual flight loads in about 15 seconds. >dolph>HelloI tried doing this as well,but i did have some problems with FS trying to load aircraft(presumably default)that where missing and also of course the default flight if its saved with a plane thats been put in the hanger(what i called storage folder with great originality)these situations would cause the one and only "Flight simulator has encountered a problem you stupid clod where have my aircraft gone"and close.cheers AndyPS I E spell what a great little program.Nothing fancy just does what it says on the tin.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi what helps a bit for me is disabeling lots of scenery in parts of the world I'm actually not flying. Using the program 'filemon' I learned that FS is loading most of all scenery over and over again, while running FS. So disabeling unused scenery gives a bit more cpu cylcles for my actual flying. As a sideeffect it seems that loadingtimes are a bit shorter to. You might try the small utility 'scenery manager 1.4'HermanPS: although I've a pretty good computer my loadingtimes are still about 1-1,5 minute...

>Hi >what helps a bit for me is disabeling lots of scenery in parts>of the world I'm actually not flying. Using the program>'filemon' I learned that FS is loading most of all scenery>over and over again, while running FS. So disabeling unused>scenery gives a bit more cpu cylcles for my actual flying. As>a sideeffect it seems that loadingtimes are a bit shorter to.>You might try the small utility 'scenery manager 1.4'>Herman>>PS: although I've a pretty good computer my loadingtimes are>still about 1-1,5 minute...Hello HermanI also tried this,but could detect no real increase in performance.May try it again though.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Yes, there is a slight learning curve to this method. But the end certainly justifies the means in this case.You have to edit your fs9.cfg to remove the default situation before doing this. And/or you have to be careful not to hangar the jet you last flew if you saved the situation with it. Especially true if you like cold and dark startups as I do. And I already mentioned not to remove the defaults because that's what MS uses for AI for the shipped trafficxxxxxx.bgl file. It took a while for me to notice that there were no 737s in the air with me. I have so much custom traffic it didn't show up easily... dolph