Sign in to follow this  
Guest CDAhmedEH

Takes 2 mins and 30 secs to start FS9

As your FS install "ages", the load time will rise. Fact of life really. Every little tweak, addon scenery, module, gauge will exacerbate this. Only way back is to un-tick, deactivate scenery not used, remove aircraft you don't use any more and generally be really strict on what you add in. Other than that, a reinstall might be the only way back for you. Every time I reinstall (and I did only just last week!) I say - right, let's not fill it up with junk this time - 6 months later it's an overweight, obese FS9, having gorged on freeware airports and aircraft until it can't run up stairs any more and needs to trim down again. A reflection of humanity!

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest H_Kev55

It used to take almost an hour to load before I unticked all the scenery that I wouldn't use and moved all the aircraft, flyable and AI, that I wouldn't use. I also moved all the traffic bgl's that I didn't want to load.Add the fact that my machine is ancient by todays standards. Compaq with AMD 700.So 20 minutes is good for me...AvatarSaabAnimation.gif

I click on my FS9 shortcut and then go and make a cup of tea! :-lol

Hi Capt Piccaso,I'm glad I found you here, I was waiting for you to post at the RC forum again, after the requests to include the MK Airlines callsign etc some time back.I have two questions for you :()1) You had mentioned that MK Airlines are going to be registered to the UK by the end of 2007 - has that changed the use of callsigns? Can you confirm M-K-A is still used, and not KRUGER AIR?2) I have AI repaints for MK Airlines, but have been unable to find flightplans to use for the AI. I'm assuming you're the best person to ask, for any (if not the latest) MK Airlines AI flightplans? Do you have any you could share, or would you know where I could get some?Thanks - if you happen to read this you can reply here, or preferably at the RC forum. I feel a little guilty for hijacking this thread :()Thanks again,Subs

As others have said, the load time is mainly a function of how many planes / scenery there are installed. IMHO, there are no "magic tricks", only moving the aircraft folders you don't use to a temporary place helps noticeably.When I'm in the mood for VATSIM flying, I move all my AI to another folder. Load time goes from 5-10 minutes to less than two.

Hi,At one time my flight sim would take long to open also because it would run the library updates everytime i would start it even if I didn't change anything in between. The reason it was doing this was because I had .BGL and/or .BMP files linked with a program to open in winxp. I went in my file associations menu and selected not to associate a program to that file type and that solved the problem.Could this be the source of your problem?Marc

Guest ThrottleUp

As JET 1 mentioned, moving the planes you dont use often to another folder help a lot. I have a folder called "FS9 Hangar" which is broken down into 3 subfolders - Jets, Props (turbine), Props (piston).Doing this has helped loadtimes enormously. Because as everyone knows - you can have a 100 planes in your collection but the reality is you probably fly what..maybe 15 of those all the time? I would be lying if I said I didnt dive into my hangar folder, spot a plane and say to myself "Hey...umm...wow...I didnt know I had a 707 in here" :(