Sign in to follow this  
Guest lawyerpilot

$50 -- a serious challenge to the Avsim community!!!

Guest lawyerpilot

Can we get a general indication of where the fund stands as of say a week ago or some recent benchmark? Furthermore, LETS GET THE PAYWARE GUYS ON BOARD!!!! THEY ARE ONLY GIVING UP ONE TO TWO CONSUMERS WORTH OF REVENUE, BUT BY POSTING THEIR COMMITMENT HERE, THEY ARE BOTH ADVERTISING AND SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY THAT PAYS THEIR BILLS!FURTHER COMPANIES....THAT I FORGOT BEFORE.....(EMAIL THEM TO REQUEST THEIR SUPPORT)JUSTFLIGHT - $100RADAR CONTACT - $100FSD - STEVE SMALL AND COMPANY - $100LAGO - $100ETC.IF THE AVSIM COMMUNITY THINKS OF OTHERS, POST THEM HERE AND EMAIL THEM....How about freeware developers like POSKY, project AI, ? $25-50- b/c they are freeware.C'mon, we can hit this thing in a week's time. Please post if your willing to contribute....How amazing would this be?The simmer's can take satisfaction that they made their mark on perhaps the most noteable aviation university/institution in the world...Great Job so far!Christopher

Guest RobA

"How amazing would this be?The simmer's can take satisfaction that they made their mark on perhaps the most noteable aviation university/institution in the world...Great Job so far!Christopher" I met Richard at Lake Tahoe, NV last September during the AVSIM Conference. Words can't describe seeing him receive the Avsim Lifetime Achievement Award. Count me in, I'm on my way to PayPal.Best regards,Rob Abernathy

Christopher, I just have reign over the forums so I'm not sure where the funds stand for the scholarship. :-)Tom or one of the other senior staff members will have to get that info. I do believe Radar Contact is one of our corporate contributers as they appear on the right side of the page.

Guest lawyerpilot

Although I was not at the conference, I can imagine the emotion that was both felt and conveyed by the attendees.Your customers and fellow pilots thank you!Christopher

Hi Christopher,Good initiative! I already had contributed but will raise it to $50 today. (As we speak, paypall is down due to maintenace)Also I posted a message on our forum (Scandinavian VA) to support your initiative:http://www.scandva.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcb...orum=DCForumID1I suggest other VA owners do the same.Take care,Egbert Drenth

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I have just posted a message from Tara Harvey. I hope each of you will take a momnent to read it and appreciate how much you have all meant to Richard, Tara and their entire family.As for the status of the Scholarship fund we are just above $5000. We hope that we can exceed the orginal amount and provide an even larger scholarship or even more than one.http://www.avsim.com/pages/robert/kirkland.jpg

Guest Phoenix

Chris, I could not agree more on the need for the commercial developers to contribute. PSS has contributed $1000 and several others developers have made contributions as well. We encourage all that can to make their contributions now.Robert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi ChrisGreat initiative. Just added my $50 worth. Imagine the wonderful place the world would be if there where more people like Richard Harvey!Regards

Guest lawyerpilot

Thank you to Mats and Egbert for their contribution (as well as to Egbert for the post over on another forum as well!) We have probably raised $1000-2000 more in just 24 hours.We only need another 100 people, or 1.4% of the 6900 member commmunity! Can we get 10 corporate sponsors at $100? Please email your favorite payware company and encourage them to contribute. For every $100, that is two simmers...We could have a self-sustaining scholarship at Embry-Riddle by the end of this week!!!Great job! Keep up the good work!Christopher

Guest lawyerpilot

As a customer of yours I have been very pleased with the Airbus product. I am certain that your display of committment to your customers will continue to demonstrate an unwavering goal of customer service that is evident in your forum and in your desire to continually increase the quality of your product.Let this be an example! There are another 10-15 major add-on developers that could really increase the momentum as well.Let's see your support!Thank you again Phoenix!Christopher

Guest lawyerpilot

Although, did I read it wrong? I think PSS contributed $100 not $1000. If it's the latter FANTASTIC...but I think it's the former which still isn't to be taken lightly!This campaign is taking off like a snowball down a hill!Christopher

Guest Philip Olson

I just added another $100.00 to the pile, on top of the contribution that I made when the scholarship was first started. Now I want you people to think about a few things, first if no one gives then no one receives. Maybe someday your child will get the aviation bug and want to go to Embry Riddle to fulfill their dream, if this scholarship is viable and they are short on cash they may be able to benefit from your donation. If this scholarship is not viable they may have to go home for lack of funds. Just a few dollars now may have an unexpected result on someone you love or even a stranger, but what does it matter, someday they may be the pilot of the plane you are flying in, now don't you want the best? The man that this scolarship was named after was more than a great man and he deserves no less than the best from us. Think about this, Richrad Harvey was literaly on his death bed but still worked on a final patch to make Fly II a better simulator for us. Would you do that? Remember he did that for us, what will you do for him? Even if you do not own Fly II or even like it he did this to further the hobby that each of us loves! His name should be remembered forever for what he has done and this is one way to insure it, please help make this happen. I am not a great speaker or writer, as you can tell, so please forgive my lack of style here, I just want to help persaude you that this is something that is very important. Please give whatever you can to the memory of someone that did whatever he could for you.Thank you!Philip OlsonP.S. On Monday I will try to get some additional donations from my co-workers and the company that I work for. I challange everyone else to do the same.

Guest lawyerpilot

Phillip, Thank you from the Harveys as well as the Avsim community for your generous donation. It is important to note that Richard did, out of all of the activities that he could have chosen, spend his last weeks on flight simulation. Not even aviation in general, but simulation. An activity that we all spend countless hours of our life on and enjoy every minute of it. Who better than to support his scholarship than the "simulation" community. He gave us the better part of his adult life, let's give him, and future pilots at Embry-Riddle, just 1-5 hours of our time ($50) in appreciation.Christopher Michael Braun

Guest Phoenix

Christopher the $1000 amount is correct. We made a contribution back in early Feb just after the page was updated. We felt it was the least we could do to recognize one of the true leaders of this hobby.Robert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg