Sign in to follow this  
Guest lawyerpilot

$50 -- a serious challenge to the Avsim community!!!

Guest Mgarmy

I was planning to rent for tomorrow a C172 for some circuits but decided that it can wait another week.Another $100 on the pile.Good luck with your remarkable effort!Mannie

Guest lawyerpilot

My apologies for doubting the amount! Great job!That should spur other developers even more!Christopher

Guest lawyerpilot

I too sacrificed about 15 hours at my $40 an hour rate splitting it with a safety pilot.Thank you very much! I'm sure the next time you go up they will even be more enjoyable!ChristopherClosing in on $7000C'mon!!!!Only 60 more people!!!!!Or 10 more corporate donations and 40 more simmers!!!

I can't contribute right now, but I plan to, when I can, in my mom and dad's names...Dad had an old 182, 57 model, and I remember the times we had in the 70s, him under the hood, me as right seat observer as he practiced for his instrument. Mom didn't like flying, but wanted to "see what it was about" so took lessons and soloed. I remember getting off work at Blue Ash (ramp jockey) and chasing each other around the pattern...Dad died of cancer the day Shoemaker-Levy hit Jupiter (we figured he wanted a ringside seat, the family was all there when he went), and mom went within 6 weeks. They have wings like we'll never know down here...God bless em, Harvey too...they're all flying now...DaveColo Spgs

Guest lawyerpilot

This scholarship attests to the fact that not only are we family that loves to lend each other a hand, but that we all share a common bond. I am beginning to think that there is a flying club and flight school in the afterlife. Kind of an ATP that you earn merely if you pass the test down here. Brings new meaning to "Earning your wings". Kind of punny if you bring the Angel connotation into it. The community sincerely thanks you for your intent to pledge. Do we have 60 more people among us......we're there if we do..

Good Post, I'm not one to say much, count me in. My donation is on its way. It is money well spent.

Guest lawyerpilot

Dave, The community thanks you! Everyone, we are almost there. I know there are a lot of appeals for financial support on the board right now, but The Harvey scholarship is in the neighborhood +/- $7000. That means only 60 more people are needed. That is only .8% of the Avsim community. Euro's, AUS, CAN, etc. are accepted as well through Avsim. Thank you again to everybody! Can we make it by the end of this week?Christopher

Guest Jimbofly

Hi!I'm living in Australia and I believe this is an excellent cause. I too have struggled to get a start in aviation, and I'll be starting sailplane flight lessons very soon. I've already been up and I love it! I have been simming all my life and I also fly R/C on weekends.I'm contributing AU$100.00 in the name of Richard Harvey and aviation.James

Guest lawyerpilot

I always wanted to try R/C, particularly helicopters, like the old Airwolf model.

Ok guysIn this day and age... There's only a couple of more bucks to contribute until we have a self sustained fund for future pilots. Let's show the others out there that we can make a differencePS. Dreamfleet, are you up to the challenge? PSS contributed a $1000. What's yours? ;-)Peace and understanding...Regards

Guest lawyerpilot

A $500-1000 donation from PMDG or Dreamfleet, etc. and 30-60 people at $50, and we are done! Come on!!!!!!!