Sign in to follow this  
Echofox

FS Map

AVG Anti virus has detected a Trojan Horse in FS Map download"FS_102_Demo.zip" listed as "Trojan Horse.Downloader.Generic6.zip"Does anyone know if this is a threat, or have I overreacted bydeleting.

Where did you find that file to download? I do not see anything like that in the library here.Does the description give a contact? If so, I would get in touch with them.AVG has been giving a lot of false positives recently and this may well be one of them (see the thread regarding AVG and 9Dragons).

David, this was a zip demo downloaded from Aerosoft. If you scroll down todays Avsim home page to Feb 26 you will find it. Now I have to admit I have never had problems before with downloads and it's interesting toread your comment about AVG, as a further check with PCTools Spyware with AntiVirus does not find it. If there is a bug I'm sure Aerosoft will want to eliminate it, or does the fault lie with AVG.

I just downloaded the Demo and ran it thru all my Spyware tools etc. and it came up clean.Thomas Molitor and Aerosoft are "quality" folks so I am inclined to believe this is indeed a false positive.As noted before, AVG (at least the free version) seems to be reporting many false positives recently. You may want to report this to Aerosoft just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for your help and comments which will vindicate Aerosoft's goodname. I will try to contact them as you suggest, and maybe just rely onmy other antivirus program. I'm now in the process of re-downloading.

Hello AllI have had a similar problem with AVG Free.I use a free texture converter(from IFDG)and i have used it for ages with no detrimental effects on my computer,but AVG kept detecting a Trojan in it.(sorry tech term)Anyway long story short i am back using it again with no problems.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I informed Aerosoft about the problem and received the following reply.---------------"We can confirm the virus warning generated by AVG.Please be sure that there's defintively no virus in the demo version of FSMap.My advice is updating the virus database of AVG (at the moment there's still no solution for it) or just double click the file "FSMap.msi" as shown in the attached screenshot.This should install FSMap Demo in a correct manner.With kind regards.Hubertus Fuest- Software Development -Aerosoft GmbHAirport Paderborn/LippstadtLindberghring 12D-33142 B

Guest Albatross7107

Well this makes 3 of us now, Kia Tak, Me (Area51), and now FSMap. I for one am getting a bit tweeked about AVG at this point. I looked at their website, but a per usual these days, I see no way to actually get past the FAQs to actually contact them....

Don't waste your time with AVG antivirus. Whe I was using it way back, I was plagued with 'trojans'.Now I use 'Avast', it's free and I haven't had a problem all the time I have been using it. Two years.

Dave Taylor gb.png