Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonaldRol

PMDG 747 problems

Guest RonaldRol

Goodday,I'm Dutch so sorry if I write something wrong.I have many problems with my 747 from PMDG. When I fly offline, only FS2004 or FSX running there are no problems.When I am running FS2004 or FSX with the add-on for online flying (IVAO) or just only a screenshotprogram like Hoversnap, the plane does not listen to me. Shortly: When running FS2004 or FSX without any programs there is nothing wrong, but when I'am running a program on the background, I have problems. The problems I have are:The plane doesn't want to climb FLCH or VNAV with the right speed to the right FLevel. When it says 250 knots to 24000 ft, the plane climbs to high pitch, stalls, falls down and nose down building speed, and climbs again. When (after a long time) I reach the FLevel, it just overshoot it. Even with HOLD on.The other problem is:With LNAV activated it doesn't want to follow the route programmed. Even not with HDG SEL. It always turns to the right.... Autoland doesn't work either.The strange thing:On my old pc (3200 single core, 1 GB mem, 128 MB graphic) I never had any problems. Now: AMD dual core 6000+, 4 GB mem, 512 MB 8800 GT, nothing else then problem when flying with the programs on the background.My 737series of PMDG and the PIC 737 of Wilco and the Level-D 767 don't have any problems. I know how to fly the 747 so I don't understand what's wrong.Hope anybody can help me, because even PMDG self couldn't help me. They think it's very strange the plane works fine without any background running programs, and doesn't work fine with any background running programs.Thanks for any reactionRegards,Ronald

Ronald,Even though you say you know how to fly the PMDG747, your description doesn't fill me with confidence. I just think you're plain doing it wrong. Have a read of the manuals (they are very good), read them again, fly a tutorial and slow down the learning curve a bit. Learn how to properly program a route, set up your fuel quantities, weight distribution, how to plan a climb, cruise, descent and approach. There's also a PMDG Support Forum right here that can help you too.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

(250 knots to 24000 ft) Under normal conditions the Aircraft will need a higher speed then 250 knots when under 10000ft unless you are very light and ATC know this. Your target speed should be VREF 30 + 100 knots below 10000ft. I'm not saying there is no problem with your install as your LNAV problems sound strange. But the above poster may be correct.Rob

Rob Prest

Ronald,This may be a long shot, but you might what to try this if you don't have it set already.Go into PMDG options when you bring up the menu while in FS. Go to the AFDS section and make sure that BOTH throttle and control override selections are UNCHECKED.This can be a problem if your controllers are putting out spurious noise inputs. Another way around this is to make sure your controllers have a bigger dead zone when you calibrate them.Kim

Guest RonaldRol

I think I have solved the problem. In the PMDG options menu in FS2004, I deselected ' SHOW AL TRAFFIC ' and I deselected the 'Airlerons/Rudder/Elevator' control override. This day I flew online (with IVAO) from EHAM (Amsterdam) to EGLL (London Heathrow) and no problems occured. I hope this is it and I can fly the 747 with pleasure again!THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! Kind regards,Ronald