Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Anyone tried zinertecs addon

I'm curious about zinertecs addon ULTIMATE WATER FX and night environment. If you already have UT and Fe and GEPro have they something to offer? Are their water and night even better?

Guest william273

i've got the night enviroment and like it. no hits at all onframerates. for me it adds to the default night enviroment and upsthe level of flying at night. the cities look more realistic. william

I have posted with pretty much the same question, so further answers welcome!Martin

I'm also curious about the water textures. I have GEPro, FE, ASG... Is there something different with this add on? It looks like it adds FSX style water effects from the screenshots.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

>I'm also curious about the water textures. I have GEPro, FE,>ASG... Is there something different with this add on? It looks>like it adds FSX style water effects from the screenshots.No answers still I took the chance and bought their water textures so for that I can give a first impression answer which is. Yes I think they improve water compared to the FE textures. The details on the watersurface is more realistic. I used photo textures and flew at 2500 ft.Now for me the only remaining question is if zinertec night environment improves over GEPro (or UT)?

>>I'm also curious about the water textures. I have GEPro,>FE,>>ASG... Is there something different with this add on? It>looks>>like it adds FSX style water effects from the screenshots.>>No answers still I took the chance and bought their water>textures so for that I can give a first impression answer>which is. Yes I think they improve water compared to the FE>textures. The details on the watersurface is more realistic. I>used photo textures and flew at 2500 ft.>Now for me the only remaining question is if zinertec night>environment improves over GEPro (or UT)?>Hi Are the reflective water textures "truly" reflective as per those in FSX ? The only reason i ask is that on their web-site, Zinertek have placed an asterisk next to the words "reflective water effects" but i can't see a corresponding note any where as to what it refers to???

>>>I'm also curious about the water textures. I have GEPro,>>FE,>>>ASG... Is there something different with this add on? It>>looks>>>like it adds FSX style water effects from the screenshots.>>>>No answers still I took the chance and bought their water>>textures so for that I can give a first impression answer>>which is. Yes I think they improve water compared to the FE>>textures. The details on the watersurface is more realistic.>I>>used photo textures and flew at 2500 ft.>>Now for me the only remaining question is if zinertec night>>environment improves over GEPro (or UT)?>>>>Hi >>Are the reflective water textures "truly" reflective as per>those in FSX ? The only reason i ask is that on their>web-site, Zinertek have placed an asterisk next to the words>"reflective water effects" but i can't see a corresponding>note any where as to what it refers to???>I found this at simmarket*Please note that FS9's graphics engine is not capable of displaying real time water effects. The reason we call one of the three water effects "reflective" is because it has more shine and transparency than the other two effects. Thus, it looks reflective.

Pity there's no trial version. I may stick with FE water effects for now.. my FS9 setup is almost overloaded with addons as it is!Martin