Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Caravelle for FS9

Is the panel going to be similar to the level of complexity as the PT 154? If so, that would be amazing.

I'm eagerly awaiting this release also. Got to sit in the cockpit of one of these when I was a kid (friend's father was a pilot/instructor for United; giving away my age :-) ) BTW, there's UAL Caravelle at the New England Air Museum at KBDL Hartford-Springfield, if any of you are ever in the area. Last time I was there you could walk through it. Mike

>Is the panel going to be similar to the level of complexity>as the PT 154? If so, that would be amazing. I belive the panel will be something special. It's being developed by Benoit Gaurant who produced superb Super Caravelle panels for FS2k & 2k2 along with a great A300 (I think) panel for 2k2. More info and screenshots here: http://www.alliedfsgroup.com/cgi-bin/forum...;num=1191951283

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

When I fly an aircraft, I spend 99% of my time in the cockpit so, it would have been nice to see some shots of that?That url is nothing more than a slide show.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>When I fly an aircraft, I spend 99% of my time in the cockpit>so, it would have been nice to see some shots of that?>>That url is nothing more than a slide show.Oh dear, I do apologise for not having added an appropriate statement informing you in advance of the lack of any cockpit/panel screenshots. I hope you can find it in yourself to someday forgive me for all the time, expense and suffering you must have endured due to my thoughtless omission.Slightly off-topic but I don't quite understand the use of the question mark at the end of your first paragraph. As a fellow Brit (well, I presume you are based on you posted location - but apologise in advance if I'm in any way in error) and native English language speaker, could you point me to the question that the question mark leads me to belive I should be expecting to see please?Are you prehaps the Victor Meldrew of FS? ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Guest Ed_Garr

Dziewczyny! Ostroznie z torebkami (handbags). Gawusiu, wiesz z czytania jego postow, ze jest przynajmniej Victorem Meldrewem!(For the monolingual:)Long ago I attempted to teach English in various outposts of the old Empire and found myself asking similar questions about the use of the false question mark.Not to let the thread creep, Thank you Gavin (tip of the hat and na zdrowie) for refreshing our patient anticipation of the Caravelle. We know how wonderful Benoit's earlier Caravelle panels have been and can only look forward to the one in the new AFG package, which, if I correctly recall some long-bygone pre-announcement discussion, will cover several variants this time and not only the SuperCaravelles that he has produced in the past. Inevitably, yes, there will be scolds who pipe up, "No VC," but that won't diminish the enjoyment for those of us who appreciate a well executed gift to us from someone who cares about getting it right.Uszy do gory(Fly right)Ed

>Dziewczyny! Ostroznie z torebkami (handbags). Gawusiu, wiesz>z czytania jego postow, ze jest przynajmniej Victorem>Meldrewem!Ed:-) i wiesz co? Bardzo lubie Victora ;-) Jestes polakiem Ed? Ja nie ale mieszkam i pracuje w warszawie.But you made a very valid point. I did forget to mention 'no-VC' and am putting my crash helmet and body armour on now ;-)Have a nice day everyone! It's Friday which means pub day :-) ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Gavin,You do bite very easy don't you? No my name's not Victor, he's younger than I am. :-)I merely passed an opinion on the 'U-Tube' url, that's all. U-Tube normally shows video and that was what I was expecting.I did use the previous version of the Caravelle and realised that it is a very good simulation but again (ducks to cover) there was no VC so I didn't fly it more than a dozen times.To conclude, this IS a forum where we discuss flight simulation and it's products. If you take offense so easily, you should consider wearing your tin hat all the time while reading on here. lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

DaveI didn't take offence at your post, I just thought you'd come across as a bit negative when all I was trying to do was let a few people know that the long awaited Caravelle may be released shortly. I can understand your disappointment with the 'slideshow' when you were expecting a video.Why don't we pop down to the virtual 'local' and enjoy a pint of your local ale together - what ones do you have in your region? Personally I must say that I like Victor very much and he is sadly missed.

Gavin Barbara