Sign in to follow this  
Guest Capitanstratos

Scenery creator??

Guest Capitanstratos

Can someone recommend a good scenery creator? Something easy that let me take one of the default FS9 strips and add a couple of cars a hangar and some static planes, there is something available? Doesn't mind if is payware but should be easy and with tons of objectsThank's

Guest chris.eve

Payware programs for simple object placement, EZ Scenery is very good, though the newer Instant Scenery is possibly even better.Freeware programs such as SceneGenX or sBuilder have extra features, but the object placement is not WYSIWYG like the payware programs.All the programs only come with a limited range of objects and rely on the end user installing extra freeware libraries for maximum flexibility.

take a look at the first thread on the scenery design forum for an intro into how to do this.scott s..

Guest ThrottleUp

I have Instant Scenery. Very easy to use. I dont use it often but sometimes if I get inspired to "fill-out" an empty airport its good fun (although time-consuming). For some reason the thumbnails of the objects wont appear for me so I have to use the dropdown menu which isnt so bad but it does mean scrolling for the object you want instead of just pointing to it. Its good stuff and I cant think of a better & easier way to plonk a hangar down here or some static cars and a baggage-truck over there :)

The IS program can easily create thumnials for "most" of the objects available if you follow their instructions exactly.Take a look at this file:is_thumbnails_rwy12.zip - by John Grahn.It is here in the library.It contains ready made thumbnails for all of the RWY12 objects - it is in the FSX section but it works fine in FS9. A great timesaver as you do not have to make them yourself.