Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

South America scenery....

Guest abent

As I have started doing overnight flights in my LDS, I am interested in different long haul destinations.I am looking for any and all recommendations for airport sceneries, lendclass, mesh etc for South America.Thanks in advance,Adam

Adam,I like to fly my PMDG 738 into Rio de Janeiro's Santos Dumont. Currently I am using a freeware file called "riodejaneirov8.zip" here on Avsim. I have also tried "World Sceneries - Wonderful Rio Full Pack" found on Simmarket, but I uninstalled it and went back to the free one mentioned above. I think the free one did a better job on the airport and on the city. However from World Sceneries I do own Congonhas Intl and Guarulhos, both also are in Brasil only about an hours flight from Rio. I enjoy both on these sceneries a lot, not only for airline flying, but also for GA. I think you will enjoy the approaches into Santos Dumont and Congonhas, they have fairly short runway, so you must be careful. Congonhas has been an airport with a few real world heavies running off the runway due to it's short length and slippery runways when wet.So far these are the only places I fly in South America. I would like to find some good Argentinan airports, perhaps around Buenos Aires, but I haven't really found much so far. It's also not South America, but I would like to find some good Central American spots as well. Namely, El Salvadore, but it seems that this part of the FS world doesn't have much to offer yet. Good luck in your search.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A few days ago I installed scenery for Florianopolis (SBFL) Brazil. The file name is sbfl_bafl_install.zipI highly recommend this scenery. It has custom runway and taxiway textures and is almost payware quality.

Guest ThrottleUp

Also grab the excellent freeware VOZ scenery. Once installed enable the Northern textures (tropical rainforest) and then fly in South America.VOZ gives great rainforest textures that suit Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela and other SA countries perfectly. Better than GEP etc..at least thats what I think :)

Guest abent

Thanks fellers!postpone, I had a look at the simmarket suggestions....very nice. Considering a couple of them. Sean, I have picked up and installed riodejaneirov.8 and love it. Joseph, will d/l and install today. Nevin, will have a look at that one today. I hear VOZ australia is awesome but also think I heard somewhere it's a bit confusing to install. How's the installation process for the one you refer to?All the best,Adam

Guest ThrottleUp

I hear VOZ australia is awesome but also think I heard somewhere it's a bit confusing to install. How's the installation process for the one you refer to?Not at all, its could not be easier!!!!! Its a self-installer so just download, unzip and install it. The auto-installer does all the hard work. Works flawlessly for me and its very well designed. You can revert back to your original textures at the press of a button.My advice if you have not got VOZ at all is to download the complete VOZ1.5 pack and the 1.6 Patch. :)

I have recently installed the Wonderful Rio full pack, which is pretty good but not up to the level of other developers. Unfortunately there seems to be no AI or statics included - and even with Traffic2005 at 50% there are still only 11 aircraft on the main apron.Has anyone written a Traffic2005 file for Rio?Sean, you might be interested in the link if you haven

Guest Ocala 1

I have been looking for the VOZ1.5 pack to download. Can't find it anywhere. I also understand that VOZ1.7 pack is out.Jaymom

Guest Ocala 1

Thank you Sir but that 434MB sort of stopped me in my tracks. lol