Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Aeroworx B200, does anybody have this?

Guest Nealoc187

>>>The B200 'lacks depth' in that the gps is basically a>>kln90b>>>reskin of the default garmin. >>>>The Kln90b is indeed its weakest point. That's why it's>>nothing more than a bitmap sitting under a RealityXP 530 in>my>>VC.>>>>Jason>>>You can use the KLN90B from "Project Tupolev". By far the best>rendition of that particular GPS. How would one do that? I've never modified a panel or gauge before, I'm assuming that's what'd be needed. Also, is the PT TU-154M KLN90B updatable so that we can make sure to always have the latest navdata?

Guest ha5mvo

>>>>The B200 'lacks depth' in that the gps is basically a>>>kln90b>>>>reskin of the default garmin. >>>>>>The Kln90b is indeed its weakest point. That's why it's>>>nothing more than a bitmap sitting under a RealityXP 530 in>>my>>>VC.>>>>>>Jason>>>>>>You can use the KLN90B from "Project Tupolev". By far the>best>>rendition of that particular GPS. >>>How would one do that? I've never modified a panel or gauge>before, I'm assuming that's what'd be needed. >>Also, is the PT TU-154M KLN90B updatable so that we can make>sure to always have the latest navdata?1) you can edit your panel.cfg, just replace window8 with :[Window08]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=625,191window_size_ratio=1.250 position=8visible=0ident=12gauge00=kln90b!Kln90B, 0,0,623,189and obviously install the PT KLN...2) yes

Guest Nealoc187

>>>>>The B200 'lacks depth' in that the gps is basically a>>>>kln90b>>>>>reskin of the default garmin. >>>>>>>>The Kln90b is indeed its weakest point. That's why it's>>>>nothing more than a bitmap sitting under a RealityXP 530>in>>>my>>>>VC.>>>>>>>>Jason>>>>>>>>>You can use the KLN90B from "Project Tupolev". By far the>>best>>>rendition of that particular GPS. >>>>>>How would one do that? I've never modified a panel or gauge>>before, I'm assuming that's what'd be needed. >>>>Also, is the PT TU-154M KLN90B updatable so that we can make>>sure to always have the latest navdata?>>1) you can edit your panel.cfg, just replace window8 with :>[Window08]>Background_color=0,0,0 >size_mm=625,191>window_size_ratio=1.250 >position=8>visible=0>ident=12>>gauge00=kln90b!Kln90B, 0,0,623,189>>and obviously install the PT KLN...>>2) yessorry for the continued questions on this but as I said I've never messed with using alternate gauges. after I edit my panel.cfg file with those settings, you say install the PT KLN. I have the PT TU-154M aircraft installed, is that it - the Aeroworx King Air will now utilize the KLN90B that was installed when I installed the TU? Or is there something more I need to do in order for the Aeroworx King Air to utilize the KLN90B from the PT TU-154M?Thanks for your help,NC

Guest ha5mvo

No, if you have the PT TU-154 then all you need to do is change the panel.cfg and perhaps download the latest version of the KLN but that's only optional

Guest Nealoc187

>No, if you have the PT TU-154 then all you need to do is>change the panel.cfg and perhaps download the latest version>of the KLN but that's only optionalOut of curiosity, do you know if this same procedure would work with other aircraft? Namely the Flight1 PC-12? I have that aircraft and my biggest complaint with it is the mickey mouse implementation of what's supposed to be a KLN90B. I've flown the KLN90B in real life in a few different aircraft and unrealistic GPS function is one of my pet peeves with FS aircraft.

Guest ha5mvo

>>No, if you have the PT TU-154 then all you need to do is>>change the panel.cfg and perhaps download the latest version>>of the KLN but that's only optional>>>Out of curiosity, do you know if this same procedure would>work with other aircraft? Namely the Flight1 PC-12? I have>that aircraft and my biggest complaint with it is the mickey>mouse implementation of what's supposed to be a KLN90B. I've>flown the KLN90B in real life in a few different aircraft and>unrealistic GPS function is one of my pet peeves with FS>aircraft.The gauge will work, the question is whether it can be coupled to the autopilot. This will depend on the nature of the particular autopilot in question.The PT KLN can be coupled to the custom AP of the TU154 and IL62 as well as to the default autopilot by slaving its heading bug through the menu option.If the Pilatus has a default autopilot like the B200 then it will work, otherwise you can use it just as reference.

or you can also use the fsgarmin Gps freeware found here in the library. its not the kln90b but the gns 450 i beleive.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest ha5mvo

>or you can also use the fsgarmin Gps freeware found here in>the library. its not the kln90b but the gns 450 i beleive.This won't make a difference if the Pilatus uses a non generic autopilot.For a navigation device to be able to tap into the autopilots variables and be able to drive it it should either:1) be custom made for the particular autopilot, or2) the autopilot be a standard , generic type.There's no other way the two can otherwise "communicate"

Oppps my fault, I missed the part where he would like to be able to couple the autopilot to the gps, I thought he just wanted to upgrade the GPS. This thread is getting to long to keep track off lol, which is a good thing because i like threads regarding the aeroworx as it is my favorite plane.Again sorry for the misinformation.Edit: I also missed the fact that we are now on the pc12, must have been a long week for me :)Good luck with your mods

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Reed203

I have this King Air and I have nothing but great things to say about it. The one minor complaint I have is that the radios dont have a save frequency function like the real world ones. Flight 1 implemented the store function in these radios in their ATR but I feel in general, the King Air is a better addon, although the ATR is excellent as well. I love flying the B200 from ACK all over New England

Guest Nealoc187

>I have this King Air and I have nothing but great things to>say about it. The one minor complaint I have is that the>radios dont have a save frequency function like the real world>ones. Flight 1 implemented the store function in these radios>in their ATR but I feel in general, the King Air is a better>addon, although the ATR is excellent as well. I love flying>the B200 from ACK all over New EnglandBetter than the ATR is a pretty hefty endorsement. I might have to try it out with the addition of the PT TU-154M KLN90B. Simplistic default GPS systems tick me off with their limitations.BTW does anyone notice any "snaking" when trying to intercept the localizer? I read some reviews of it and some of them mentioned pretty significant snaking while trying to intercept (blowing through the approach course and then blowing back through it the other way and then back the other way before finally getting established on it).BTW - the PC-12 GPS is just a reskinned default GPS - it's lame (to someone who's a stickler for realistic GPS and FMC function). Other than that the PC-12 is good.

Guest ha5mvo

"BTW - the PC-12 GPS is just a reskinned default GPS"If that's the case, then I believe it's safe to assume the autopilot is also generic, hence should work with the PT KLN.Just one thing - the default GPS is often looked down at and I wonder why? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel that if it was made by one of the "fashionable" 3rd party addon companies and sold for a hefty price, many would have not stopped singing its praises..or am I wrong ;) ?

Guest Reed203

You are right in that the GPS is fairly simple, but I usually just fly VOR to VOR with the B200 so it doesnt bother me very much. I have never had any problems with snaking on the localizer course like with the default autopilot. I would be very suprised if the Aeroworx King Air had a Microsoft AP.