Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullstoplanding

"Illegal" Flying, Sim Style.

Guest paperflyer

I landed some helicopters on some Houses that clearly were not designed with that in mind. While practicing landing, I landed helicopters pretty much anywhere it seemed to fit. And of course I flew them between the skyscrapers in Manhattan...When I was still a rooky I tried to land a C130 in serious fog on some remote airfield in the pyrenees. I failed of course, but that must have cost hundreds of civilians' lives...

Guest RonB49

>I have tried landing a 747 at places like St.Barts.....You reminded me that I landed a 747 at Meigs Field in some version of MSFS, I can't remember which one. I do recall it was a bear to get stopped. I was so proud. Too bad it ended up in the lake when I tried to take off.R-

OK boys. Want a challenge? Try flying a 747 through the Moffet Field hangers in the San Francisco Bay area in Palo Alto. It can be done, barely!Kim

There is a person on the Flightsim.com forums - when someone posted a thread about why would a real pilot bother to fly in FS, the response was:"Because I'd get arrested if I did this in the real world."with screen shots of a B747 flying inverted through a hanger, many aircraft flying under bridges, buzzing 10 feet from the tower, through Tower Bridge in London, etc..Doing stuff we could never do in the real world is one of the greatest things about FS.Heck, the thought of my butt in the left hand seat of a commerical jet is no more unreal or 'illegal' than flying under the San Francisco Bay Bridge(I once knew a US Navy pilot who had really done that in an A-3 Skywarrior - he lost an engine after takeoff from Alameda and did not think he could climb enough to clear the bridge)

Guest Albatross7107

> >>The only thing that i wish is that my AI did the same as>well!>>:-mad>>Yeah, I guess FS ATC and AI beat us all in illegal flying esp.>with the way ATC handles approaches. I'm sure you've all>experienced close counters with AI trying to "grab" your>approach slot.>>Anyway, sticking to the subject, flying between skyscrapers is>also pretty popular (try it with the Extra 300). Also I must>add taking off from taxiways.>>BTW has anyone tried to be an AI wingman , I mean closely like>wingtip stuff?>>Yep - had more then a few collisons too... :((I'm in the HU-16)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186063.jpgHere's a neat trick that the AI pulled as I was doing my pre-flight at KLAS :(http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186064.jpg

Haha, sometimes I drink a sixer or more of Bud lite and fly. Like tonight. I also don't pay attention to ground control if he doesn't let me taxi across the rwy when there is incoming traffic. Hold short? I hold it all the time...

Try AI smooth. It makes things alot better (not perfect, but much better).