Sign in to follow this  
Guest Northy

Pmdg 737 engine sounds

Guest Northy

HI Guys,Having not flown Fs9 for a while I decided to take the 737 for a spin... Although the default engine sound package is fine ,are there any freeware or payware sound packages that improve the 737,if so which is the best one available?Thanks,Regards,Martin.

Hi Martin.Yo won't do better in an all-round 737 freeware package than Arjan Scheffel's 738 (here http://www.wspilots.com/index.php?page=4&a...e&file_id=2170). The model is much better than the default (it's one of Erick Cantu's Kittyhawk 738s), the panel is excellent, and the sound set is very good indeed. In fact, I have the panel and engine sounds aliased to all of my NG 737s, and I have all the freeware ones available.Don't hesitate.Martyn;)

Guest ThrottleUp

The 737NG sounds by Des Braban & Devyn Silverstein (available right here on Avsim) are excellent :)

For the 737, I've tried them all and the best I reckon is Steven Persson CFM 737NG V4. It's just awesome and it's the only one I've found with that high pitched whine as you throttle up for take off. Pure magic.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>For the 737, I've tried them all and the best I reckon is>Steven Persson CFM 737NG V4. >>It's just awesome and it's the only one I've found with that>high pitched whine as you throttle up for take off. Pure>magic.But the default 737-400 is not an 'NG'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hello all,Just to eliminate any confusion, I think the aircraft in question here is the PMDG 737 hence the topic name.I use Christoffer Petersen's V2 CFM 56, it's absolutely great. I highly recommend it.Regards