Sign in to follow this  
rmk2005

FS9 crashes due to fe.dll error with some 32bit texture...

Hi all,Need some insight...........When using some 32bit aircraft textures eg AIA Boeing 737-800W Aeromexico (aia_738w_am_nc_sph.zip), there is a large amount of disk activity and fs9 crashes. When I use a non 32Bit texture I never get this error. In the Event log the following is recorded:Faulting application fs9.exe, version 9.1.0.40901, faulting module fe.dll, version 9.1.0.40901, fault address 0x0000326a.The disk activity seems to point to a file trying to be found but as for which one i don't know. :-hmmm This is only on some 32bit AI textures. Alternatively is there a non 32bit texture fot the 737-800W in Aeromexico colours available anywhere. Thanks as always :-)Ren

Guest belga1

Hi,Fe.dll is a original dll of the FS9 game.This is also in relation with DirectX........fe.dll is the dll that is used for drawing texturesThe most common cause of a CTD with the dll involved, is from a bad / corrupted textureScenery and AI traffic are the most likely causes of a problem with fe.dll That error is can also be attributed to a texture displacement problem ie. 8 bit bmp which should be either DXT3 or 32bit 8888 enhancedCheers for now

Time has passed since this post, BUT, it sounds like what I am having a CTD after trying to remove duplicate scenery or texture files, Is there a fix to the Fe.dll so that I can get the FS back in operation??? MANY MANY THANKS if you can help!! B42L8

My sim has been stable for months now, but all of a sudden I got fe.dll crashes. Did some experimenting, was able to reproduce it over and over again and narrowed it down to AI textures, then I did some searches and came across this thread. I checked my Aeromexico textures and lo and behold, 32 bit. Found replacement textures in the latest WOAI Aeromexico package and the crashes are gone.For now anyway. :D So thanks for sharing and thanks to the Avsim Forum search engine also.

Mike...

Hi,I found that the FE.dll crash will always occur under the following circumstance: When you have standard textures (lightmaps, props etc.) in the main scenery folder of FS as DXT3 and then a mixture of DXT3 and 32-bit in the individual aircraft folders. When the main texture folder contains a DXT3 and the individual aircraft has exactly the same file as 32-bit, FE.dll will fault. A short batch file and imagetool can help to mass-convert to DXT3 and avoid this problem. If you google "imagetool" and "fs9" you'll be heading in the right direction - I forget exactly which forum I found the instructions on.. I think it might have been PAI...Geoff

I know this thread is a little old now but I hope that those of you who posted will read this because I want to say a very big "THANK YOU!!!"I've suffered from repeated CTD's at KJFK and MMMX for a long time and could not for the life of me figure out the problem. I had narrowed it down to a texture issue with one of my AI aircraft but had never been able to figure out which one. I gave up for a while but did another search today and stumbled on this thread. Well, the lightbulb finally came on. I looked at my FP's for the AMX 737-800WL and saw that the these aircraft were mainly flying between (duh) MMMX and KJFK. I was able to download Imagetool and convert the 32 bit textures for my AIA AMX 737-800WL to DXT3 and all is now well. You have helped to cure months of frustration. I'm sure there's other problems I'll have to move onto now but this one is finally gone. Thanks again...