Sign in to follow this  
meccadom

PT-154 Tupolev

My question is about the startup procedure. I have seen the video posted on http://au.youtube.com/watch regarding those procedures. However, I cannot seem to get the "green" light to illuminate while trying to connect to the outside power source and stop the battery from draining. Did I miss a step in trying to emulate the video startup procedure?Thanks

Follow the following procedure:Switch all four battery switches N1-4 to the up position. Then connect to external power by putting the PA(I don't have this cyrillic) switch up. Then set the transformer rectifier switches BY1 & BY2 to the upper position.That should do it. Page 44 of the manual for more precise details.Hope this helps.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thanks for the reply. I have completed all of those steps and still no power or green light. Te green light does illuminate along with the annunciators when I press the test button. Is there a file I am missing? I hear sound when I turn on the 4 battery switches.I am trying all of this sittting at the default Seattle terminal at on of the gates.

I don't know then. Maybe try posting here: http://www.protu-154.com/forum/Hope you can get it sorted.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

One last observation:I notice that in FSUIPC that under the miscellaneous tab, I have the box checked for "Extend battery life indefinately". Is this a factor?

Guest ha5mvo

Are your parking brakes set??That's the condition for ground power to be available.The TU does not interact with FSUIPC,it doesn't need it but who knows how those modules and their settings can effect things...