Sign in to follow this  
BlueString

AI Smooth V2

I wasnt aware there was a v2.0. That's good news, id laso like to know where to download it. Im currently using version 1.11 i beleive.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest LeeWang

Well, AISmooth 1.2 is here at Avsim (filename: aismooth_v120.zip), but V2, does it exist? If so, I'm not aware of it.I've recently started using AISmooth, and have run across some strange ATC vectoring of late. Not sure if AISmooth is causing this problem, but I'm being vectored very far away from the airprot before being told by ATC to turn and intercept the ILS. Some times 40miles out. Is AISmooth causing this? Or do I have one of those retired ATC controllers on duty? You know the one, the ATC who has you turn left, then right, then left and back again right to intercept the ILS.Lee

What makes you beleive there is a new version available?A Google search came up negative and the author's website is not active - at least at the moment.Please tell us.

Cant say that im having the same problem as you, in fact I find AIsmooth is running flawlessly on my end. Again im using v 1.11 but i see there is definetly a version 1.2 so i think im gonna upgrade.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

AI Smooth is not causing that. It's what you get when you have more AI flying around than FS can handle. You get vectored way out. Sometimes your flightplan will even be cancelled because you're too far out. You can reduce AI, open up non-parallel runways, etc... But at the end of the day, FS was not designed to handle this much traffic. Although with the help of AI Smooth and properly designed Afcads, it does more than a good job.As for version 2 of AI Smooth. I mailed the author in the beginning of this year to ask about it, because his website stated that it was in development. He gave no direct answer as to the current state of the program. He did say he had some ideas about a program called "AI Commander". That was also on his site. He further said that he was waiting for time to start working on it.So I'm afraid v2 and AI Commander are nothing more than ideas at the moment.

Mike...

Since upgrading from v1.11 to v1.2 I've noticed more final approach go arounds due to planes sitting on the runway, lined up for takeoff, etc. Does anyone else notice this? I never seemed to see that with when I used v1.11.

It seems normal to me. I do suggest running with User Plane Response unchecked. One thing I have not tried is to increase the Global Approach Fix distancd up a bit from 10 nm. If you are at large airports with heavy traffic that might be a bit too close. I am seeing fifteen to twenty miles out.To get AI to exit the runway faster look for FS9Confiogurator here by Ken Salter. It has a working taxispeed utility. Increase it just a little bit though, along with separation of landing aircraft.

If you do use the configurator utility be very careful as increasing the landing speed value will adversly affect any AI ultra-lites or Helicopters you may have active - they will not make the final turn and land properly.There is another little utility you may wish to try - which extends the default "timeout" period before AI will dissappear.Here in the library it is called - aitp10.zipIt works very well for me.

I just increased taxi speed with FS9 Configurator so they taxi off the runway faster and clear the exit taxiways faster, not landing speed on approach. AISmooth actually has the opposite capability of enabling an option to slow landing speed. I have never tried it. I have seen postings where some have claimed AI land too fast and have an extended landing roll. Then again, you do not want to have them stall, either.Thanks for the heads up on the AI timeout utility.

They did mention that V2 was in the works, but that was a while backBill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

My AI seemed to work just fine and I do NOT have this program. What does it do to the AI that I dont have without this program; what does this program do? jerrycwo4

>>There is another little utility you may wish to try - which>extends the default "timeout" period before AI will>dissappear.>>Here in the library it is called - aitp10.zip>>It works very well for me.>Can someone tell me if this can be used "in reverse"? ie, to make the time before deletion shorter - like 2.5 minutes...Geoff