Sign in to follow this  
G550flyer

ground roll sounds

Hi gents. 1 big question. Who has the best ground roll sounds. Ive flown heavy and light jets for a while and for me the most notable sound is from the nose wheels. In every jet ive flown, the cockpit is usually right on top or foward of the nose gear. Looking foward, its kinda hard to judge acceleration. The change in pitch of the nose wheel sounds lets me hear the acceleration. Even more noticeable on the runways that have those grooves running across them. I love how the pitch and tone increases as you blast down the runway. Also the sound you hear as the nose wheels hit the spin brakes in the gear well. On the dc10 the nose wheels can be heard and felt long after retraction as they slow against the spin brakes. shuddering the whole flight deck in waves until they slowed enough. When you get on the brakes after landing the nose wheels seem to be a little as the plane bears down on them. These sounds would make fs 100% better in my opinion. If someone has mastered this please reply. Ive heard some that try to mimic the shakes and squeaks in the flight deck but i havent found any realistic ones.

Mike Maarse uses some pretty good ground roll sounds for his soundsets.the one from his PW4060 soundset (the latest) is the best imo, you might have a look at them.