Sign in to follow this  
StamPilot

757 Captain - Pro Pack, you vote!

Guest pred02

AVSIM just came out with a review of the PSS757. I flow that bird a while ago when it just came out, but I stopped using it due to the bugginess at the time. I don't recall the exact bus, I do recall it dropping from Land2 Autopilot and crashing, or hitting the runway hard...Should I take another look at the PSS757 post-review? I know PSS aircraft are not as "refined" as LDS or PMDG.Also, is LDS working on anything? I would figure a 757 would be great for them. Though they stopped development for FS9 (or so I hear)!

The PSS 757 will still have all the bugs that annoyed you the first time! The autoland bug came from the FMC clearing the route (including the ILS frequency) about 100ft from the runway, causing the autopilot to have no ILS to follow. Manually entering the ILS rather than auto-tuning seems to cure this problem.Level D are working on a 757, but only for FSX. No idea on when that will be available. LDS keep their cards very close to their chest. It's a shame that their 757 will only be for FSX, because the performance of FSX is so poor for me, I've no choice but to stick with FS9.

Guest pred02

>The PSS 757 will still have all the bugs that annoyed you the>first time! The autoland bug came from the FMC clearing the>route (including the ILS frequency) about 100ft from the>runway, causing the autopilot to have no ILS to follow.>Manually entering the ILS rather than auto-tuning seems to>cure this problem.>>Level D are working on a 757, but only for FSX. No idea on>when that will be available. LDS keep their cards very close>to their chest. It's a shame that their 757 will only be for>FSX, because the performance of FSX is so poor for me, I've no>choice but to stick with FS9.Thanks for the info. The irony of the situation is that you have one of the most powerful gaming video cards available today, and peformance is so poor. Perhaps that's why so many are sticking with FS9.

Guest JTEK99

>Guys,>Seems we can say our word, at least it is said 'Your option>counts'. General idea is - in what way would we like to see>the highly anticipated Block F for their 757?>http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1204927721Stampilot:Geezus... are you still posting this CaptainSim revisionist stuff? See here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1861&page=You've been talking about the "imminent" Block F for over two years now. What part of "bait and switch" don't you understand? If you follow the link above, you'll be led to another series of links wherein you also happen to chime in about Block F coming "any day now"! w00t!Either your memory is completely faulty or you're due to eat a seriously large plate of crow.Clue in. There is NO Block F. CaptainSim is simply hunting for money again based on a vague "promise" of a product. They roll these completely meaningless (meaningless because they don't plan on doing a single thing about the result) polls whenever their coffers are running dry.Enjoy the crow.

Hmmm, I heard this same story how many times now? Block F is in beta, we are testing it, and so on.BAH!I'll fly my LVD and pretend it is a 757.

>Thanks for the info. The irony of the situation is that you>have one of the most powerful gaming video cards available>today, and peformance is so poor. Perhaps that's why so many>are sticking with FS9. I know! I was severly disappointed when I loaded up FSX. I can get it running OK, but the settings have to be reduced so much it ends up looking the same or worse than FS9! And that was just with the default C172 at JFK. When I want to use the PMDG 747 at Heathrow 2008, it will probably absolutely kill it! I'm hoping that the next FS release will be made for hardware that's actually available, rather than hardware that might be made 2 or 3 years on. The problem comes when they guess wrong - like FS9 with no multi-core CPU support, because they thought processors would just get faster and faster. Anyway, FS rant over!!

Guest pred02

>Hmmm, I heard this same story how many times now? Block F is>in beta, we are testing it, and so on.>>BAH!>>I'll fly my LVD and pretend it is a 757.So what is better PSS 757 or Captain Sims? Which one would you personally recommend?Did anyone try to do a 757 model with LDS panel merge?Thanks!

The reality is IMHO: "Who Cares?" After 2 years of beta testing, 3 years of tomfoolery, countless other product releases before the 757, and a partridge in a pear tree, I don't think that you're going to generate much excitement here. If they release it, great, if not, great, if they go out of business, great, if its a great release, great, if it is a poor bug filled release, great. I sincerely hope that all the shinanegans over the years with the 757 were worth it since I have a feeling that financially they will find their return on investment, shall we say, rather low.Regards,Mike T.

This whole block system is such a turn off and a scam. I prefer light aircraft but I couldn't figure out what was included in the releases to date and what was not included. It just looks like no matter how many blocks you purchase, you are bound to be missing something.Can't they just release 1 file containing a 757? Why is that so hard? Don't they want my money? They just don't get it.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

"Can't they just release 1 file containing a 757? Why is that so hard? Don't they want my money? They just don't get it."That sounds a little to simple. They may not want your money but unfortunatley they have alot of other peoples money already.Personally my vote would be for Captain Sim to go the way of the Do Do.Shut the doors and get out of dodge.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

When I first happened upon Captain Sim I thought their products looked great and saved the link to their home page in my internet favs. Thought I'd look into a few of their products when I completed computer upgrades and had enough money. After seeing all the stress caused by this 757 block system disaster I'm glad I didn't have any money! I'll have to steer clear of them for all the controversy.By the way, Geddy 2112 you must be a Rush fan. They're my all time favorite band. Incredible musicians! And Neil is quite an author as well. Have you read his books? Sorry to jump off topic.Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nvidia 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

"Exit Stage Left" and "Hemispheres" got me though Warrent Officer Flight School!!! =) Try NOE flying with the crew chief blasting Red Barchetta on the intercom!Regards,Mike T.

What did you fly Mike?

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD