Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Finding AFCADs

Does anyone know of a utility that will find all installed AFCAD files, irrespective of where they may be located within FS9? I thought ScanAFD would do this, but it seems not to find all AFCADs outside the Addon Scenery folder; for example, no mention of the LIRF AFCAD that is in the FS9/Lago folder, to name just one missing entry. (I do have 'scan all directories' checked).Thanks,Martin

ACA2005 does the same BTW - lots of AFCADs missing rom the list. AFCAD2 finds them of course, but I need a full list of AFCADs in my FS9 setup.

ScanAfd has an option to look in "all addon scenery directories" -It is a little check box on the main screen.The default is just the "normal" Addon scenery/scenery subfolder.Lee Swordy's Afcad program should find any afcad.bgl you have also.Remember that an "afcad" does not need to have AFD as a part of it's name although that is the normal naming convention. Some authors use totally different names but the Afcad program should find them all.With that program you do need to know either the ICAO code or the name of the Country, City etc.Hope this helps.

Guest dogknot

If ScanAFD isn't doing it for you and all you need is a list...Why not open the main Flight Simulator 9 folder and click on the Search icon. Use 'AF2' as the search word.

A windows search will not find afcads which have unconventional names.

Guest dogknot

True, but maybe between the windows search and the other utilities, a fairly complete list would be produced. (?)After all that, then copy/save the results to a new folder, create the batch to txt .bat that you posted on another thread, and end up having a printable text file. Just a thought.

I did say that I had the 'scan all folders' checked - but ScanAFD will not look in directories such as FS9/Lago, for instance: hence the missing Rome AFCAD for my Lago LIRF scenery.If all AFCADs did start AF2, then the thing would be easy, but they don't, by any means.So I am looking in all scenery folders outside the Addon Scenery folder (e.g. Lago, UK2000, JustFlight etc. etc.) to locate AFCADs (I can only see that this is possible manually) and moving them into the Addon Scenery folder, leaving a shortcut in the original place. That way, programmes that only look for AFCADs in 'the usual locations' (for example, FS Navigator) will pick them up.Thanks, as ever, for the input. Appreciated.Martin

I've never had that problem with scanafd, maybe something unusual in your scenery.cfg? Also, I've found that LWMViewer2 will pick up any AFs files, but you have to open at a geo position (lat/long or by airport ICAO).scott s..

In the end Scott I just went through all folders outside Addon Scenery that would have an AFCAD, and moved them all to the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder manually (leaving a shortcut to the new location in their place). Only took half an hour or so.Programmes like FS Navigator now pick up the AFCADs for these airports, whereas when they were in their original folders, as installed (by UK2000 and so forth), they did not.Not sure if there are any downsides to doing this, but haven't found any as yet,Martin