Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

Throttletrouble

I have a problem with the throttle - it is constantly increasing anddecreasing, whether I use autothrottle or not. My joystick (TM Hotas Cougar)is calibrated and ok. Disabling the joystick makes no changes. When taxiing,I have to press and hold down F1, and when airborne F4. Hope, there is a solution.RegardsJohn

Guest skylanepilot

Dunno if this will help, but I had problems getting the HOTAS throttle working in FS (in my case I couldn't get the throttle to open or close fully). FS2002 doesn't have proper defaults for the HOTAS and seems to set up bogus scale values for the various axes.Check the axis scale values under the JOYSTICK_MAIN section of fs2002.cfg. The axis scale for the throttle (as well as prop and mixtures if they're mapped) should be set to 130.Good luck ..

Thank You, Martin - I have read Your earlier postngs regarding that, but still got the problem. Maybe a DX9-issue?RegardsJohn Haugaard

Guest skylanepilot

I'm running DX9 and things are fine.I'd also check axis assignments and sensitivities in FS2002.If you're using one of the joystick files provided with the software, you might want to try going back to a clean stick. Some of the configurations map functions onto the throttle axis and might be part of the problem. Or use KeyTest in Foxy to see if the stick is spitting out anything unusual.Sorry I can't be more help :-(

Guest SoarPics

Hi John,Like Martin, I'm using DX9 without problems. I've not heard of any problems with the Cougar and DX.Have you tried flashing the stick? This is an easy way to take the stick back to basics and test your problem.I would then re-map the throttle to another axis just to check what happens. The antenna knob would be a good choice. This can be done in CCP quiet easily. If all checks out OK after remapping to another axis, then it's time to clean the throttle pot.Hope this helps,Greg

Have you tried the latest 2.04 drivers ?There is a known issue with those drivers, if you setup those drivers and got a faulty potientiometer (the throttle one) your throttle should not work anymore : now it should takes year to get from 0% to 100%.This is a know issue, revealed only by upgrading to those drivers.First i couldn't believe it was a hardware problem, but a software one, so i setup my hotas on a machine where i never installed any hotas drivers. I get the same results : throttle wasn't responding correctly.I tried to clean up this potientiometer, but nothing changed ...Check CougarWorld's hardware forums (http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8 ) and you'll see we are not the only two ones having this problem :-(I already contacted ThrustMaster support about this, they told me this is a known problem, and now i wait for the spare part...