Sign in to follow this  
Guest tritone

FS9+FSMap+FSNav

Guest tritone

Hello all,I'm running FS9 in conjunction with FSUIPC & WideFS on one PC + two monitors via two grfx cards. WideFS client is running on a second PC.What I'd like to do is maintain my dual screens ''in flight''on my FS9 PC, ie: VC + undocked gauges & instruments, plus run FSNav & FSMap on either or. Looking at buying a forth monitor with this in mind.Any thoughts out there?Regards,Keith

Hi Keith,It's not possible to port parts of FS to a second PC. The only way of achieving this is to install FS9 onto a second PC and run a program called WideView.However, this seems a bit extreme just to move the gauges onto a separate PC.If you have the resources consider Project Magenta. There are packages for Boeing, Airbus, Regional Jet and GA aircraft. The displays are second to none and don't need a powerful machine or graphics card. Have a look here http://www.projectmagenta.com/This is not cheap software but you get lifetime updates and it's used in professional simulators. The added atraction of this is you can fly with a full forward view instead of that tiny window.You still couldn't use FSNav on the second PC but given the quality of the Glass Cockpit display you may not need to.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest tritone

Thanks very much Ray, I'll look into Project Magenta, and thank you again for your quick response.Cheers Keith

Hi Keith,You're welcome. I forgot to mention you can try a demo version of whatever package takes your fancy. They're time and geographical limited but they will give you an idea if your hardware is up to it (probably) and whether you like the package.Just follow the Demo link on the main page.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather