Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

AirlinerXP Forum??

I wish they would focus on the AXP. I know they have DF and RXP stuff to do for FSX but no one is really clammoring for those things. And once they release those, they'll have to spend another few weeks patching them further delaying the A320. Meanwhile, AirSimmer has been talking, posting screenshots, features etc. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they bugged the forum on purpose just so they wouldn't have to deal with the trolls that had been posting recently.

>I wish they would focus on the AXP. I know they have DF and>RXP stuff to do for FSX but no one is really clammoring for>those things. Speak for yourself. They are continually being asked for on the RXP board. Getting some RXP stuff for FSX was very welcomed indeed, and many many folks were thrilled when some were.

I'm not sure that an error like the one you get when trying to post is proof of anything other than a fault in their BBS software.If there was a message saying "This board is locked for further posts" then I'd see your point. :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

The A320 is easily the most anticipated product those guys are working on. I just find it frustrating that even after its been delayed, even after they got the release estimate off by a year, they've still decided to put it on the back burner. The fact that the forum as been disabled for two weeks and they've got all these other projects makes me wonder how well they'll be able to support it post-release. At this point, is there a reason why if AirSimmer released their Airbus tomorrow I wouldn't shell out money for it and wait for the AXP? The only feature I can tell that AXP has a leg up on is the visuals which are, granted, simply stunning.

Yeah you're right, its just a theory. And if there was a message saying "Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is a problem with the forum and we'll fix it ASAP" this thread would be moot.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi,just chiming in a little! the forum is not working correctly for a couple weeks now, since our ISP hosting the server decided to migrate/update the hosting service. We are quite dependant on the hosting company to resolve some of the matter. Also, this move now permits us having the latest PHP server version, which in turn will also permit us to migrate to the latest PHPBB version (I'm still reluctant to do the switch right now, because of this migration server mishap, in order not to risk loosing the entire forum database).Talk about speculation isn't it? I'm sorry to say the project is not dead because the forum is not working 100%...As for the other mention in this thread about "finding someone to replace Vauchez" I wonder where the assumption "Vauchez" is not working on the project is coming from?I can also assure you we have a lot of demand for our existing DF and RXP customers to update our products to FSX, and unlike a 1 product company, we have a legacy of award winning products our customers are asking for, and given the various economics details I've explained in the Airliner XP forum, there are some resource-allocation choices to do.Make no mistake about it, the Airbus project is alive, and make no mistake about it either, FS entertainment is not the sole activity we are involved in. As a matter of fact, we are currently helping the integration of our GNS simulation into another flight simulation product, profesional training oriented, and we are also working on our new GNS32 for both FS9 and FSX.I shall add this is not uncomon in the software development: about now 5 months ago there was a great aircraft addon presented, almost completed and that seemed to be ready for release. However, 5 months later and many years after start of development, it is still not released (not an Airbus aircraft).For more information, please read this thread titled: "Could it be piracy protection what's taking so long?"http://www.airliner-xp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=649

>Make no mistake about it, the Airbus project is alive, andSo it will be released!? Could I ask about an approximate timeframe? I mean are we talking about a few months or more than a year?

Guest WEA-JHD

hmmm, a long time has passed and Jean-Luc have not given any replies, neither have their forums been fixed, it's been silent for over a month now..I'm starting to doubt that this project will ever be completed.Also, please allow me to quote one of Jean-Luc's sentences:"As for the other mention in this thread about "finding someone to replace Vauchez" I wonder where the assumption "Vauchez" is not working on the project is coming from?"That assumption is made from the fact that no one have heard from him in years now, no one knows where he is, he's not performing any support for his flightscenery products, he doesent even comment on any forums what-so-ever.So i think it's safe to say that Vauchez isn't a part of your team anymore, if he was he would have been more active in his own and your forums.

I dunno, I don't see those as reasons to assume Vauchez isn't on the team. After all they did give an interview to a magazine and they gave a small glimpse of the external model.But even if they do never get around to finishing it there's always AirSimmer which as been very active recently. And besides their VC not being quite as well done as AXP's they seem to have everything in order for a great product. I just hope AXP sees this and gets motivated to show us something great.

Quote:>hmmm, a long time has passed and Jean-Luc have not given any>replies, neither have their forums been fixed, it's been>silent for over a month now..>>I'm starting to doubt that this project will ever be>completed.>>>Also, please allow me to quote one of Jean-Luc's sentences:>>"As for the other mention in this thread about "finding>someone to replace Vauchez" I wonder where the assumption>"Vauchez" is not working on the project is coming from?">>That assumption is made from the fact that no one have heard>from him in years now, no one knows where he is, he's not>performing any support for his flightscenery products, he>doesent even comment on any forums what-so-ever.>>So i think it's safe to say that Vauchez isn't a part of your>team anymore, if he was he would have been more active in his>own and your forums.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>This is my thinking as well. Not to mention, the Airliner XP website isn't even online anymore. Perhaps the team are hoping to find someone else or preying he comings back before writing it off, but no matter what, if he were really around, he'd comment at least once to prove it.Keep in mind, I truly support Jean_Luc and the entire Dreamfleet team. The work both Reality XP and DF has provided is some of the best there is, if not the best. I don't blame anyone and think they're reluctant to admit the loss of Vauchez. Maybe they know something they can't tell us, but it really seems something is amiss.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Airliner XP's website is STILL online... I don't know what's happening to the AXP Team and why they choose to remain so silent... I don't think Vauchez's gone or anything like that... But I certainly think they should at least repair their forum and communicate a little more...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

My mistake, the link I had bookmarked no longer works for some reason.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>Airliner XP's website is STILL online... I got this just now: Not FoundThe requested URL /a320home.html was not found on this server.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Working just fine here.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

>Working just fine here. Interesting - I'm still getting the error thing. Could you give me your link please so that I could try it?Thanks!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)