Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

CHICAGO O'HARE IS OUT!!

Guest Ken_Verga

Finally a decent KORD!

Hi,Alright, looks like I'll be purchasing the FS9 version. Time to remove Simflyers KORD.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I can finally delete my crappy Simflyers version! Thanks for the heads up.

I normaly don't do this, but this scenery is absolutely amazing! No impact on the frames on my system, runs smoth as silk even with lots of AI and complex Addon planes. Can't believe it, always dreamed of a decent O'Hare. I still hate this insane activation system so, but as it worked flawles with the Zurich scenery I'll give it another try.Toby

I agree the activation system sucks(like cloud 9) which takes away for proberly a great piece of scenery.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Looks like there's some problems with it already on their forum.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>Looks like there's some problems with it already on their>forum.>>Looks like they got it sorted and are uploading a new installer

Finally able to get rid of Simflyers. How a rather bland scenery had such a major framerate hit I'll never know.Anyone able to comment on FPS for this scenery vs. Simflyers?

It definitely looks stunning doesn't it. Hats off to them. Everyone's getting on the high fidelity stuff now and it's not just FlyTampa who are offering this. Good to see. And two versions as well. I'll be buying this over the weekend.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Easy on frames, great looking all around. I can enjoy some more decent domestic flights as well as transatlantic routes.To think about: which one would end up selling more version for FS9 or FS10???Thanks for the heads up.PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

>To think about: which one would end up selling more version>for FS9 or FS10???We can't say precisely, because one purchase will get you both versions: if you buy the FS9 version, the moment you install the FSX one, it will already fully registered, and so the opposite.We can only make a rough guess by looking at the downloads.For Zurich, that was sold in the same dual version way, we initially had a slightly higher download count for the FS9 version but, after Christmas (maybe Santa brought lots of new PCs ?), we noticed an increase of the FSX version.However, download counts do not necessarily translate into actual sales in the same way in the two sims.But that doesn't really matter, considering how the product is sold. For us, it's just a single sale, regardless of the sim in which the scenery is used..

Just an idea, but can you perhaps include some version numbers in the installer names.Right now I see setup_addonmanager.exe for example. Which version is that? Same with the main installer for the scenery. A version number would be nice. Or perhaps put a note on your site that says when exactly the installers were changed.

Mike...

>Just an idea, but can you perhaps include some version>numbers in the installer names.It might look a good idea on principle but, as all things, is still subjected to human error and it's not always reliable.For example, yesterday night, we had the FSX installer that was initially fine, but after a couple of hours became corrupted on the server, so we had to upload it again, without changing anything. Still not sure how this could happened, probably the server overloaded because of the release.If we had to do it right, we should include a text file with MD5 for at least the installer, but I'm not sure how many users have an MD5 checker already installed and ready to use. It's a known practice for Linux distributions, but not so common for Windows users.One reliable indication of at least *when* the file was changed, is to browse the download folder ( http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/ ) and have a look at the files time/dates. That will tell exactly when the installer was uploaded on the server, and it can act like a "version number"