Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

CHICAGO O'HARE IS OUT!!

>Now if we could only get a YSSY of his mould!You read my mind! I just thought about that YSSY scenery just released by CLS, where I thought "how can any payware developer release such a bland scenery in 2008?".FsDreamteam did a superb job for Zurich (and there I can tell, it's one of my home airports), and this one looks great, too. From what I've seen so far the FSDT products bring me as much pleasure as the ones from FlyTampa and sim-wings, so let's hope there's more to come. There are some major airline hubs in the world that aren't done yet respectively are outdated. Chicago ORD was one of them, and who knows, maybe next thing they tackle is JFK, DFW, PEK, HKG, BKK, SIN, JNB, or indeed SYD. Let's wait and see.One thing the FSDT team will have to get used to is the hordes of people sending them their pleads and wishes for their local airport - just like the FlyTampa forum has become a point where to deposit scenery wishes. But in the end, that's a compliment, isn't it?Thus: keep up the good work!

>One reliable indication of at least *when* the file was>changed, is to browse the download folder (>http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/ ) and have a look at the>files time/dates. That will tell exactly when the installer>was uploaded on the server, and it can act like a "version>number"That is pretty helpful. Thanks.

Mike...

Guest exmixer

Umberto,First off, ORD looks great, had no problems with the install file(s) this AM. Took me all of 1 minute to decide to purchase. And very cool that it's dual-sim, one price, I installed on both, equeally impressive. One comment...maybe I read it wrong, but on the download page it isn't clear that you *must* have the download manager(s) too. I initially installed without and all the terminal buildings were missing, installed the DLM, all's well.>>If we had to do it right, we should include a text file with MD5 for at least the installer...<

>Umberto,>One comment...maybe I>read it wrong, but on the download page it isn't clear that>you *must* have the download manager(s) too. I initially>installed without and all the terminal buildings were missing,>installed the DLM, all's well.You mean the Addon Manager ? It comes already with the scenery installation. The files installed are exactly the same, the only difference is the scenery installer also have the scenery. The reason for having a stand-alone Addon Manager is just that we can keep users updated for that program without forcing to re-download the whole scenery again.I don't know why you didn't had the buildings on the initial run with the scenery installer (in FSX or FS9 ? ) but I assure you we install exactly the same files in the scenery and in the stand-alone AM, except the actual scenery, of course.

Guest exmixer

Umberto,>>You mean the Addon Manager ?<

Wow, The first scenery for Ohare that I can remember being excited about was when Chris Gilbert released KORD for FS98. I have been following this sceneries progress and was going to purchase it no matter what. I am so pleased that it runs well on my older system. Great Job FS Dream Team... :-coolCheers,Scott

Hi -Just purchased the FS9 KORD after reviewing the trail version - a fine bit of work!However I do hope someone will tweak the afcad a bit as there are several problems.Examples:I just watched an AA jet taxi to a parking spot near what appears to be a new tower construction site and park on top of a large group of static service trucks (tractors).I also watched an incoming Delta flight get near it's terminal area only to be greeting by aircraft which were taxiing out. It became what we call here in Texas "a Mexican standoff" - no one would give way to the other so everyone just timed out.I love the overall effect of the airport and sure hope someone will do some serious revamping of the afcad to improve it.

According to threads on the FSDT support forum, the developers are tweaking the AFCAD file.I'll need to try KORD>VHHX one of these days.PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

That may be due to missing hold short nodes. At least in the FS9 Afcad, there are several of those.

Mike...

Guest exmixer

Mike,Reloading the flight fixed it, it was funny when I saw it though. May also have to do with running FS Live Traffic X . The ORD scenery looks great though. jb[a href=http://exmixer.com/fs.shtml]FS9/FSX stuff/Current rig specs[/a]

Guest exmixer

Opa,Thanks for the update link, downloaded, I'll be installing later.jb[a href=http://exmixer.com/fs.shtml]FS9/FSX stuff/Current rig specs[/a]