Sign in to follow this  
mozart

Merge LevelD panel with POSKY 767-400 and 767-200?

HiYes, I've done a search but for some reason I could not find the one post that answers the question. Lots of talk about merging LDS with 757s, some others are questions left unanswered, some others seem outdated...Thus: can somebody tell me how to merge the LDS 767 panel and sound with the POSKY 767-400 and 767-200? Will that merge only alias the panel, or will it also adapt the FMC so that it reflects the 762's/764's particular weights, thrust envelopes and FDE behaviour?Thanks for any hints!Chris

Guest abent

May I ask what the advantage would be to merging this panel with this plane? Seems to me in these merges there is always some inevitable loss of functionality, though, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong.What's wrong with the LDS external model? I am in no way, shape or form, an aircraft architect, but it looks pretty darn good to me. I went through that process once trying to make the DF734 work for fs9. It was indeed a frustrating experience and the results were less that stellar. Adam

Hello Adam, the LDS external model is certainly the best 767 model at the moment...but it is a 767-300. Perhaps Chris wants to fly a 767-200 or 767-400?I can understand the need for a 762 merge and would like one myself with the POSKy model.I would probably go for a 777 panel for the 764. :)

Guest ha5mvo

>Hello Adam, the LDS external model is certainly the best 767>model at the moment...but it is a 767-300. Perhaps Chris wants>to fly a 767-200 or 767-400?>>I can understand the need for a 762 merge and would like one>myself with the POSKy model.>>I would probably go for a 777 panel for the 764. :)>regards>>Ed>Thing is, Ed, that even if you manage to make that merge fly like a 762, the FMC will still calculate its parameters according to the 763 specs resulting in a fairly strange chimera.

Oooooo no thankyou ...you wouldn't catch me driving a Chimera! :-hah

>Hello Adam, the LDS external model is certainly the best 767>model at the moment...but it is a 767-300. Perhaps Chris wants>to fly a 767-200 or 767-400?>>I can understand the need for a 762 merge and would like one>myself with the POSKy model.>>I would probably go for a 777 panel for the 764. :)>

>regards>>Ed>>aka Capt. P[/font color][font>color=brown]i[/font color]c[/font>color]a[/font color][font>color=purple]s[/font color]s[/font>color]o[/font color]>>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/edetroit100/Ed3.jpg>>My FS9>Videos] >>AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD >256Mb DDR Nvidia 7800 GTX PCI-E, Audigy 2 ZS>Viewsonic VP2130b 21.3" LCD>[/font coloredetroityou are absolutely right, that is what I'd like to do. FOr a 767-300 I wouldn't use anything other than the LDS, but I want to fly a Continental jet - and they don't have -300s. Only -200s and -400s. Whilst I found a merge file for the -200 I am still looking for a merge of the POSKY 767-400ER and the PSS 777 panel.Anyone has an idea where to find such a merge?

Guest abent

Alright, I can see that. Sorry for my skepticism. Best of luck with your merge.Cheers,Adam