Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwlaurie

FS9 Start-up screen

Guest jwlaurie

I have had and frequently use FS9 since it first came out and I have never had this problem before,When I start the program now after the regular splash screen comes up it no longer comes up with my default flight that I set from last use. Instead it comes up with my Flight List screen, (see attached screenshot)and I have to select a flight then launch from there. It's annoying and I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,Thanks,Jeff

Guest Mike_Luchia

Open your FS9.cfg file and search for the section that says something like ShowOpeningScreen=1 and change the 1 to a 0 (zero) Now it will start with your default flight.

Guest jwlaurie

>Open your FS9.cfg file and search for the section that says>something like ShowOpeningScreen=1 and change the 1 to a 0>(zero) Now it will start with your default flight._______________________________________________________________________and you are so right, thanks Mike,Jeff

Jeff FS9 will open at the section you selected last time you started the program.If you exited it while doing or finishing a 'select a flight' it will automatically reopen at that.Conversly, it will open at the default flight if that was the last one you used.Hope this clears and answers your problem?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jwlaurie

Thanks Dave, (love that bug . . . . . )What you're saying is what it's supposed to do but it wasn't, something got out of kilter when I tried out then uninstalled a flight management program. Regardless, all is well now, see Mikes suggestion and my answer above. I had to change an entry in the FS9 .cfg file.There certainly is a wealth of great information in these forums.Thanks again,Jeff(from the "wetcoast" of Canada . . . . ):-wave