Sign in to follow this  
Guest revporl70

Flight1 172 problems

Guest revporl70

I've just downloaded the flight1 Cessna 172 and very lovely it is too, but there are 2 problems with it.1. In VC mode there is no intereior scenery for l/r/rear views. Is there supposed to be?2. Configuration magager will not run. What is it for and why won't it run.Thanks,Paul

There should be all around views in the vc, just like any other.The configuration mamanger allows you set the weight the number of passengers, the baggage weight, Virtual Cockpit guage resolution, AIRCRAFT fLIGHT DYNAMICS, AND THE VISUAL MODEL.Sorry caps lockI suggest you look at your 'start/All programs/ Flight one software/ Skyhawk 172 for the config manager. If its not there you have a corrupted download. download it again.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest revporl70

I found that the aircraft configuration thing is a Vista issue and have downloaded a patch to get it to work. However, I've downloaded the plane again and reinstalled it and I'm still getting no interior in VC mode. I'm guessing that there is supposed to be al round interior views in VC cos there's a front quarter screenshot on the download page. Anyone else had this problem? Also flight1 support is useless, you can't email them and they make you post queries to a message board that they don't reply to!

I dont know what could be wrong, but i would still post on the flight1 system because i have personnaly used it a few times, and every time I got my problems sorted out in a timely matter(not instantly but a few hours or so)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Mike_Luchia

I'm not sure if I am reading this wront or not, but a VC does not contain 1/8th views. It has, just that, a virtual cockpit that can be panned and zoomed around. It sounds like you are talking about the 1/8th views that are in the 2D cockpit. I believe what you are looking for is bitmaps for those views and if I remember correctly, the 2D cockpit uses 1/8 views from the VC.

Guest revporl70

No, it's not that. With every other plane I have, in both 2d and 3d modes, if you look left, right, or behind, you can see the scenery outside, and there's also aircraft scenery, a wing, some seating, etc. While in 2d view, I get internal scenery, there isn't any in 3d mode.

Try pressing 'w', just a thought. BTW, Flight1 support is usually pretty good, maybe it's a timezone issue or something.Cheers, SLuggy

Guest revporl70

I've tried "w", that was one of the first things I thought of! Like I say, I uninstalled the plane, I re-downloaded it, and reinstalled it and still the same problem. I've run fs9 under xp and vista, likewise the 172 installation program. I posted to the flight1 forum on thursday, no reply as yet. Why don't they just give an email adress out?

Your only post is for Saturday morning on Flight1's support forum. I would imagine one of the problems with getting a quicker answer is there are not that many users using Vista for FS9 and also have the Flight1 172 installed. Flight1 doesn't operate their customer support by individual emails. Their support forum is created so that there is a running record of user problems and answers posted by developers and users alike. That way one person isn't answering the same question over and over again and likewise a problem that maybe only a select few encounter (such as yours) stand a better chance of being seen by someone that has your particular setup and can offer help. I don't run Vista, otherwise I would be able to check out your problem and offer advice.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest revporl70

Weird, I posted it on thursday night, maybe some problem with servers/ISP. Anyway, cheers for reply on there.