Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

FS9 Hangups driving me crazy

Have new system (see details below) but am plagued by hangups of fs9 requiring me to hit the reset button (these sometimes also occur when I am not using fs9). These can happen after intervals of anything from a few minutes to an hour or more after starting my computer and I have tried as many tricks as I can think of to try to prevent them (including re-installing Windows XP in case some drivers were corrupted and uninstalling all my fs9 addons and going back to the bare fs9 without any addons) but they still occur. When this system is working it is superb, with great graphics and frame rates, but the hangups are incredibly frustrating. Although I may be wrong, my thoughts keep going back to the graphics card here. Any ideas from users who have experienced similar problems would really be appreciated please.Thanks,BillSystem:ASUS P5N-E-SLI motherboardIntel Core Duo 3.0 Hhz CPU2xCorsair 2GB PC6400 RAM2x500GB SATA 7200 RPM HDDNVIDIA 8800GTX 768MB GraphicsWindows XP

Guest chris.eve

What power supply do you have? My limited experience with nVidia graphics cards suggests that the published power requirements are marginal. For a setup like yours, which is not dis-similar to mine, I'd suggest a 650W PSU ... bigger if you anticipate adding an extra disc or whatever in the future.

In addition, how are you set for cooling? Your hardware could be overheating. Simple test is to open the case and see if it still hangs.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>What power supply do you have? My limited experience with>nVidia graphics cards suggests that the published power>requirements are marginal. For a setup like yours, which is>not dis-similar to mine, I'd suggest a 650W PSU ... bigger if>you anticipate adding an extra disc or whatever in the>future.Thanks! Power supply is a 650W PSU

>In addition, how are you set for cooling? Your hardware could>be overheating. Simple test is to open the case and see if it>still hangs.>>regards,>MarkThanks for the suggestion Mark but cooling seems ok tooRegards,Bill